Stock muffler options?

Forrest39

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hi All,
I have read all the threads about mufflers that I could find and know that there are a number of offerings from flow master and the like. What I am wondering is what is available for use with the stock 1-3/4" system that I already have. The mufflers on the green car are blown apart, but surprisingly enough the pipes still have a lot of usable material left so I want to look into this option before tossing it all in the trash and getting one of the SS kits from Sunbeam Specialties. I have measured the original muffler at roughly 12" x 4" x 8". Offset input, center output.
Any ideas?
Thanks! -Kevin

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
For a little added power and sound I would go with a 2" pipe and a good flowing muffler.....unless you are going for all stock. Just my .02

Forrest39

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Yes, I was hoping to go as close to stock as possible but the only 1 3/4" muffler that I could find even close to the correct dimension is for a Chevy Lumina. But I'm not sure if those mufflers would be up to snuff for a V8.
I may even consider rebuilding the stock muffler. :O I did that on my Alpine 30 years ago!
Thanks for the responses!
-Kevin