United 33 Boyne City, Michigan info and update

venice532

Gold forum user
CAT Member
video

I clicked on the link, that's a clever little video showing the area, great idea.

Bob J.

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Thanks for mentioning the video Bob-I edited my posting to add that information. This is going to be a great United-John Logan and friends have been working very hard to organize this. It is in a beautiful location too-at a ski resort! Eric

venice532

Gold forum user
CAT Member
boyne

Hi Eric, one of the best features of last year's TU at Big Bear was when the rally ended up at the bottom of the ski area and people jumped on the chairlift for a ride to the top and then lunch.

When I was a little kid our family would spend summers in Minnesota, Boyne reminds me of the lake resorts there.

regards
Bob J.

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
TAC session at the United

Yes there will be TAC sessions at this United. Thanks for asking! Eric

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Change to the United info flyer

Here is the latest United info flyer. TAC sessions will be at this United!

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
TAC inspection at the United

If anyone has any TAC related questions for this United, please send me a PM and I will connect you with the member organizing the TAC that will be conducted there. He can also add you to the inspection schedule. Thank-you, Eric

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
TAC session at this United

We have a list now of Tigers that will be TAC'ed at this United. Please PM me with your contact info if you will be attending the United and wish to have your Tiger TAC'ed. This is a great opportunity for Canadian owners too!
Thanks, Eric

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Early registration ends soon! Latest update

Early registration for the upcoming TE/AE United ends on August 1st. Please register early for a lower cost. Non members of TE/AE are invited to attend the United and there is no extra charge to do so. All Rootes cars and owners are welcome! Also please contact me if you are bringing parts for sale at our huge Rootes swap meet and I will make sure you have a table or two! See more info about the United at www.rootesamerica.org

Last edited:

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
TAC update

There are over a dozen Tigers on the list for TAC at the United. It is less than a month away now-come join us in Michigan, it will be nice to be in cool weather again with lots of Sunbeams!

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
It is not too late to register....

Latest count is about 50 Rootes cars and over 100 owners!
Get that registration mailed in the next few days or register at the event so you don't miss the fun in Michigan.

bill37341

Bronze forum user
Rick- please be sure the members stop in Cross Village, MI. This the North terminus of the Tunnel Of Trees. Legs Inn is one of the most unusual restaurants you will ever see. Just go inside for a few minutes. They have a nice beer garden out back, overlooking Lake Michigan. I am there now, but will be leaving on the tenth. BUMMER. Bill

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Bill-I am sorry to hear you will miss seeing lots of Sunbeams by just one day! The Tunnel of Trees is one of the daily drive destinations at the United too.....
Here is a link to the Legs Inn and there is also a video showing a drive along the Tunnel of Trees and a visit to the Legs Inn. Beautiful driving roads!
http://www.legsinn.com/

Eric

Tom Jeffers

New forum user
CAT Member
TEAE United schedule

One week until the United, there is still time to attend.

Schedule:
Thursday:
Registration 3pm - Midnight
Hospitality, Parts Room 5pm - Midnight
Dinner on your own
Friday:
Registration, Hospitality, Parts Room 6:30am - 8am, 3pm - 5 pm, 9pm - Midnight
Car Cruise, 8am - 3pm, line up at 8am, depart 8:30am, lunch included during cruise.
Board of Directors Meeting, 3pm - 5pm
Dinner 5pm - 7pm on your own
Boat Cruise, board 6:30pm depart 7pm
Saturday:
Registration, Hospitality, Parts Room, 7am - 9am, 2pm - 5pm, 8pm - Midnight
Concours, 9am - 2pm
Lunch, Noon - 2pm on your own.
General Membership Meeting, 5pm - 6pm
Dinner Pizza Buffet: 6pm - 8pm
Sunday:
Hospitality, Parts Room, 7am - 9am, 2pm - 5pm, 9pm - Midnight
Autocross, 9am - Noon
Sunday Outing, 9am - Noon
Lunch, Noon - 2pm, On your own.
Tech. Sessions, 2:30 - 4pm
Banquet, Social Hour 5pm, Dinner 6pm

Information on the Concours is available at http://teae.org/concours-rules-and-guidelines/

Information on the Autocross is available at http://teae.org/teae-autocross-rules/

The weather may be cool at times so bring a jacket.

We hope your travels to the United are safe and look forward to seeing you.

bill37341

Bronze forum user
Just left Legs and had probably the best Whitefish I have ever had. (The Polish food is a little heavy for us). Try to stop in Good Hart- halfway to Cross Village and try their bakery. Best pies ever. STILL bummed. Bill.

venice532

Gold forum user
CAT Member
united 33

This looks like it's going to be a great event, you guys had better post a lot of pictures.

Bob J.

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
A few photos

Excellent location for a United! I love the cooler temps here but there were a few light rain showers. Great turnout of some unusual Rootes cars too. The Sunbeam wagon was a very popular car as was the early Alpines. An orchid green MK2 was present along with 7 other MK2's. The TAC inspectors were kept busy all weekend too. More photos when I get a better connection. Thanks to the organizers for a very good event! And thanks to Bill's recommendation we had lunch at Legs Inn. You forgot to mention the incredible desserts there! Eric