Radiator Core Source

norm1

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Dropped my OEM radiator off at a radiator shop for flow testing.

Technician said it should be on a forklift that only does 5 mph.

Will wait and see what he says............

JB66CAT

Gold forum user
Griffin

I have a like new CAT radiator that has damage to the core. I called around here locally and the price to re-core it was above $800.
I bought the Griffin from Summit with the electric fan which looks real nice and comes with vent holes in the mounting frame with holes that close when stopped and open when under way. Great idea except it will not fit (water pump interference). Took the fan off and mounted the rad by itself. The only modification was some light metal removal from a spot on the lower right side of the mounting flange. Can't remember exactly what was in the way but, real easy. Other than that it fits like a glove. Also added a gano filter. First test drive (for the car) was 2 days ago. Never got above 175 on a fairly cool day. Oh, and the hood was off just in case anything needed attention. So, not a real good test of the rad but, I'll keep you updated.

norm1

Gold forum user
CAT Member
My old radiator was leaking and 1/8 plugged.

Had the core replaced with a Pacific core from British Columbia which Performance Radiator says is the Best core available.

Doug C

Gold forum user
My old radiator was leaking and 1/8 plugged.

Had the core replaced with a Pacific core from British Columbia which Performance Radiator says is the Best core available.

Please keep us posted as how this works out and if cooling is better.