Fat Man fail.....

PITT40

Gold forum user
I ordered his kit and it was not close to being able to work. For the cross member to have 4.5" of ground clearance, the car would more than 1" higher than a stock Tiger with new springs. To get the car lower than stock with my 23" tall 205/50/15 and look right, the cross member was almost on the ground. See the attached pic of my car from last summer.

His kits are predicated on a certain length upper and lower control arm. To make it fit, the mounting point of the UCA is under the frame rail. And then he needs a certain distance between the UCA and LCA. I asked why he couldn't move the UCA mounting point outward to go above the frame rail and use a shorter UCA. He said that would cause geometry issues.

So I'm out $320 for freight but will get a full refund otherwise. It has cost me a lot of time though. I spent 3 weeks back and forth trying to measure stuff to see if they had made an error. The owner was nice about it. He finally answered and said to achieve it, he would need to design a custom made spindle and it's not worth the effort for 2-3 kits per year for Sunbeams.

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
A custom drop spindle will lower the car but also lower the crossmember :eek:

I guess that's why a 'clean sheet' is required to make it work in our cars and not just a 'modified' setup originally built for another car :O

I had either #3 or #4 on order from Mike back in the day and kick myself ever since for cancelling it due to a sudden change in career ( unemployment :( )
My buddy DID buy one and it worked great!! I've seen a couple other nice 'one ( or two) - offs' but 'Dale's' is the only 'commercial' option I know of now

Hope you get it all sorted and on the road this summer... ;)