October Meeting

Doug C

Gold forum user
I am planning my October schedule and was wondering if this October C.A.T. meeting still planned for Oct 22nd?

9:00 a.m. October member meeting.

Cornwell and Sheridan Collection. 15700 S. Broadway, Gardena, CA.

http://old-cars.net/picturecars/index.htm

This firm rents vintage vehicles for period movie productions. Tour followed by member meeting. Optional lunch at nearby Eatalian Cafe.

Thanks

Warren

Gold forum user
Head Count??????????????????????????????

So got a call from the Manager of the Car Museum and he asked if I knew how many we'd have. I said we most often have 7 to 20 guys but have no formal communication. STOA you know the guys with the website with the TAC database well they use eVite and it's pretty nice.

I'd like to get a system working and maybe even a face time periscope or some other way to make it a better club experience.

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I'll Be There

Warren,

Count me in, too. Don't know about the Tiger, though. Still working on resetting the battery's memory.

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Great Collection

We were treated to seeing a very nice collection of a wide variety of vehicles, many of which have been used in movies or advertisements. Included are three vehicles from the 60s movie, "The Great Race". We saw Professor Fate's automobile, submarine, and torpedo.

Here are a few photos for our tour and meeting.

Photo 01 - Some of the various cars in the eclectic collection
Photo 02 - More of the various cars in the eclectic collection
Photo 03 - Rolls Royce
Photo 04 - Ford Flathead Roadster
Photo 05 - Rubber-tired "Locomotive" and cars
Photo 06 - Some of the other cars in the collection
Photo 07 - More of the other cars in the collection
Photo 08 - Professor Fate's Automobile
Photo 09 - Professor Fate's Submarine
Photo 10 - 1942 Oldsmobile

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
More Photos

At the Cornwell and Sheridan Collection, Dave Simon was our gracious host and tour guide. After the tour, we held the C.A.T. October meeting. We learned that there are additional car collections in the nearby area. There was a general consensus that we (the club) needs to come back next year. We had a great time, but we felt that we were not able to publicize the meeting and venue as early as we normally do our meetings.

Photo 11 - Buck checking out a plane and a 1956 Lincoln Continental Mk II (Love those Mk IIs!)
Photo 12 - 1959 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud I
Photo 13 - Back of Dave Simon (center) and some of the C.A.T. visitors
Photo 14 - 1946 Woodie with an early T-bird on lift in background
Photo 15 - President Dan checking out some of the motorcycles in the collection
Photo 17 - Another view of the '59 Rolls
Photo 18 - Classic TVs and Radios
Photo 19 - C.A.T. Meeting - Prez Dan w/ Travis on his right and Bill on his left, and Warren checking his messages
Photo 20 - C.A.T. Meeting - Bob, Claudia, Buck, and Travis (left to right)