BAT w/Historical Value

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
She has had this survivor mki and her ultra restored mkii on the market for close to 3 years now... The prices asked are probably the peak 2014 values.

I think the recent sale of Doug Lyle's mki survivor shows a strong correction in tiger values.... Or Doug was being a super generous guy

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I am friends with the lady's nephew, the whole family are car collectors, nice stuff they have. Curious to see where that one sells.

Forrest39

Gold forum user
CAT Member
If nothing else, it provides a nice set of pictures of what a very original car looks like!
-Kevin

dlyle

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I think the recent sale of Doug Lyle's mki survivor shows a strong correction in tiger values.... Or Doug was being a super generous guy

I was being generous and had to do a fire sale to make room for something else. I had several potential off eBay buyers willing to pay more but I ran out of time to try and squeeze more out of it.

With time I'm sure I could have brought in $70k plus. I only had it on eBay for about 12 days. Every day it was up there more and more guys were calling me about it. I just don't like the hassle so I let it go. Below is what took its place in the garage.

Attachments

• IMG_1940.jpg
    IMG_1940.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_1937.jpg
    IMG_1937.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_1943.jpg
    IMG_1943.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 130

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Doug,

Good you were being generous, hopefully it has gone to a preservation sensitive owner, not a restorer or speculator.

As for the new purchase... You ciuld fit 3 rootes cars in that parking space!!!!!

Tigerdreamer

Bronze forum user
Doug,

Good you were being generous, hopefully it has gone to a preservation sensitive owner, not a restorer or speculator.

As for the new purchase... You ciuld fit 3 rootes cars in that parking space!!!!!

No worries. I am the buyer of Doug's fine example of an original Tiger. Restoring this car has never entered into my thinking. You will see from my earlier posts that a short time ago I purchased a project Tiger and had begun work on it when Doug's car came available. While my plate was already "Tiger" full, I could not resist the opportunity to have a virtually untouched car. Something my other car will never be.

My immediate plans are to enjoy it just the way it is and continue to work on the other one as time and Money permits.

Thanks!