Rear spring shackles

DomTL

New forum user
Hi,
I'm in the UK and this is my first question to the knowledgeable. I have pulled out and refitted my rear suspension today ('65 mk 1) I have replaced the leaf springs with new and replaced the dampers with SPAX Kryptons.
Now the question. The body has been restored, but one of the rear spring shackles is fouling the panel seam on full compression. One side seems to have a cut out in the seam and no clearance issues. Should there be an indent above the shackle ? It may be that it was welded in when the body was restored and just needs the metal taking out.
Dom

DomTL

New forum user
Hi,
I'm in the UK and this is my first question to the knowledgeable. I have pulled out and refitted my rear suspension today ('65 mk 1) I have replaced the leaf springs with new and replaced the dampers with SPAX Kryptons.
Now the question. The body has been restored, but one of the rear spring shackles is fouling the panel seam on full compression. One side seems to have a cut out in the seam and no clearance issues. Should there be an indent above the shackle ? It may be that it was welded in when the body was restored and just needs the metal taking out.
Dom

Sorted, there should be an indent in the body seam above the shackles, during the resto it was filled flat. I have set the Spax's to a softer setting than I was expecting but now the ride is a whole let better.