Front crossmember jig

varodder

Bronze forum user
MC Jack

My jack is similar to yours but it doesn't have the high handle. I'll try to post pics tomorrow.

varodder

Bronze forum user
Pictures

Here's some pictures of the cross member going in. I used a motorcycle jack and a hold down strap to keep the suspension from tilting. It went in without any problems.

I must say that Randy Willett (oneoffive) did a great job rebuilding my cross member and A-arms. They were quite a mess before. I'm certainly glad I sent them to him.:)

Hopefully I'll put a few more posts out soon. I'm getting close to putting the drive train back in. I hope to have it fired up by the end of the year....first time in over 30 + years!!

varodder

Bronze forum user
Thanks

I'm curious about the tie rod ends mounted on top of the steering arms... :confused:
Many thanks for pointing that out. Went back and looked the pictures I took while taking things apart and voila...I got 'em upside down.:eek: This is my first time playing with one of these beasts and I really appreciate any advice etc. along the way,,,

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Yup and Ditto

Many thanks for pointing that out. Went back and looked the pictures I took while taking things apart and voila...I got 'em upside down.:eek: This is my first time playing with one of these beasts and I really appreciate any advice etc. along the way,,,

Buck gave me a teasing phone call today about the installation of the rod ends and steering arms. The tips of the steering arms (either L/R) should tilt up and the rod end nuts should be on top. Keep at it; you're getting closer to a big grin every day. :D

Billm

Silver forum user
CAT Member
VARodder. Thanks for the very nice photos. It look easy! You have to be getting real excited about getting your car back on the road. Bill