Dana 44 Rebuilder in the Pac NW?

norm1

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Have called a few shops but not much experience.

Going for all new brgs., seals and adding a posi that I've had in a box for 30+ years.

Any experience?

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Good Attitude

Have called a few shops but not much experience.

Going for all new brgs., seals and adding a posi that I've had in a box for 30+ years.

Any experience?

Absolutely insist on experience and proper tooling. ITYS

Dancin

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
You might talk with Tom Turner of Performance Prep in Federal Way. Phone # 253-661-1797. Just around the corner from you.

They recently did some work on my Tiger, wasn't a rebuild of the rear end, but had them replace outer wheel bearings and a few other items. Tom had owned a Tiger at one time in the past, so not unfamiliar with the car.

Good luck.

Dan Kuenzi

Erich

Gold forum user
Find a shop that does driveline work on Jeeps. They should have experience with Dana 44 axles.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
A friend in nor cal wanted to change the gear set in his Tiger, no 4 wheel drive shops wanted to touch the Tiger rear end....ended up going to the bay area to have it done. Is our rear end tough to set up correctly?

Bosspwrd

Silver forum user
A friend in nor cal wanted to change the gear set in his Tiger, no 4 wheel drive shops wanted to touch the Tiger rear end....ended up going to the bay area to have it done. Is our rear end tough to set up correctly?

If a Four Wheel Drive Shop won't touch a Sunbeam Tigers Dana 44 Rear-end .
I would say that they are "New School" technicians , Lazy , or All of the above .
There is nothing tricky of a Tigers Dana 44 set-up , as comparing it to a Jeep's , or others with Dana 44 axle assemblies . Also ALL Four Wheel Drive Shops SHOULD OF been able to handle it .

Bosspwrd -

norm1

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Found a few places with experience.

It goes in as soon as I get the 7/16" bolts for the ring gear.

Thanks all.

Jeff F

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The only part of it that should be out of the ordinary is getting shims for the end of the axle tubes to adjust axle shaft end play.