Rollbar manufacturers - resellers?

VinceB

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Guys-

In searching the forum for info on Rollbars I only found Autopower out of San Diego. Are there other options/manufacturers?

Can Autopower's bars be customized for shoulder belt attachment point, possibly a behind the drivers seat bar for head restraint, other things?

Would like to see some choices and find out who still makes bars w/o having to go the complete custom route.

Thanks-

tgrrr

Silver forum user
Roll Bar Seat Belts

My solution was to add thick-wall tube

Attachments

• Belts 2011.jpg
    Belts 2011.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 171

Warren

Gold forum user
Cool Cat

Bob you car is cool even in the heated garage.
The later Autopower bars have a similar mounting piece of flat bar stock.
The website shows a cheaper version. Sorry I had to pull the pic from old listing the angled bar has a flat stock that can have a headrest and a racing seat belt dual mount. I can snap more pictures this weekend. Some weld on or bolt directly to the main hoop. There is also the captive nut behind the carpet on the wheel well. Tigers and Alpines were advertised "with seat belt mounts" I saw it on Fakebook so it must be true ;) actually it was a period advert... Oh and headrests were a 1968 F.M.V.S.S. requirement, another log on the kill the Tiger fire as Chrysler would have had to change seats too.

Lightly-Modified-1966-Sunbeam-Tiger-for-sale-Three-Quarter.jpg

VinceB

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Autopower Rollbar info

I spoke with Rick owner of Autopower.

The "Race bar" is available and will fit underneath a hardtop or convertible so technically it's not race approved.

You can can customize it, the diagonal bar can be a bolt on and I'm eliminating the shoulder harness cross bar as I plan to run retractable 3 point harnesses.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
... Oh and headrests were a 1968 F.M.V.S.S. requirement, another log on the kill the Tiger fire as Chrysler would have had to change seats too.

Without taking it to far off topic.. Yes the factory provided mounts fot 3 point belts from early alpines.. Also the microcell seats actually had an optional head rests.