CAT Member Listing 1966 Tiger Incomplete Restoration

The vehicle being listed is owned by the CAT member making this listing
Status
Not open for further replies.

agarton

Bronze forum user
As no doubt some of you have seen. I have placed my Tiger on eBay for sale.

I have hesitated in the past, offered it a few times, but this time I am seriously selling. The reason I posted on eBay before here is only because that is where I bought it. The posting ends on Saturday and I don't really expect it to sell there, but what the heck. My reserve price is $32,500. I would be happier to sell it to a club member, and I will leave it up here after the eBay auction ends, until it sells. The car has been a lot of fun to work on, I learned a lot about Tigers and sheet metal, but we moved to Morro Bay in 2014 into a 1944 house, so I just don't have the time to finish it. I hate to see it sitting unused and in need of completion, so there you go.

The basics of the work I have done so far are this: When I purchased the car, there turned out to be more rust than I knew about. The driver side floor, the structure behind the lower fender, and the lower fender itself were pretty rusted. There were metal plates brazed over the holes in the floor. So I removed all the rusted metal to good, and proceeded to fix the rest. I purchased a small box and pan brake, bent up the parts as I went, purchased a MIG welder, learned to weld thin sheet metal, and went to work. I was a mechanic in a former career, so welding wasn't new to me, but the MIG took a lot of practice. I made my own floor pan section, the rear part was okay, and welded all together, purchasing a lower fender section from Victoria British. I started putting the car together just before we moved to Morro Bay, and it is running again, but just don't have time to finish it up the way is should be done.

I have just about all the parts, with the exception of weatherstripping, and other parts that I was planning on purchasing from Sunbeam Specialties as I needed them. I has a new walnut dash from V.B., plus the hardtop and an extra hood.

I'm pretty solid on $32,500. Considering the market for the Tigers now, I think it is fair.

I'll post the same pics that are on eBay here, and will take any extras upon request as time permits.

Email: alangarton59@gmail.com

Update: Ended the eBay auction early, will leave the car for sale here until it sells. Hope to find it a good Tiger owner home.

Last edited:

agarton

Bronze forum user
Car Sold

Hi:

My tiger sold to a very nice guy up in the Bay area.

Thanks everyone for looking at the listing.

AG

Status
Not open for further replies.