CAT Member Listing B9471202 for sale

The vehicle being listed is owned by the CAT member making this listing

MGBlack

Bronze forum user
Project car.
Stored since1980.
I bought the car in 2010
Race car from new
Only 150 street miles resulting in a blown motor.
Shows 2306 miles on odometer
Original trans, valve covers,air cleaner housing overflow and fan shroud and diff( I think)
1965 289 block
Complete Mexican block 302
Edelbrock F4B intake
Edelbrock performer intake
CAT Stainless headers
Several sets of heads
Orig ( I think) cast exhaust manifolds
Some bumps
X brace and floors good
Exhaust cutouts weak as are traction master mount location.
Car is in Ontario, Canada

Mike

Last edited:

Doug C

Gold forum user
Project car.
Stored since1980.
I bought the car in 2010
Race car from new
Only 150 street miles resulting in a blown motor.
Shows 2306 miles on odometer
Original trans, valve covers,air cleaner housing overflow and fan shroud and diff( I think)
1965 289 block
Complete Mexican block 302
Edelbrock F4B intake
Edelbrock performer intake
CAT Stainless headers
Several sets of heads
Orig ( I think) cast exhaust manifolds
Some bumps
X brace and floors good
Exhaust cutouts weak as are traction master mount location.
Car is in Ontario, Canada

Mike

More photo's, price and location would be appreciated

MGBlack

Bronze forum user
I have been trying to load photos all morning using my iPad
Somehow I was able to load only one pic after several attempts
I also loaded the photos to my PC to try to use but it is so old and corrupted I just get pop ups!
I will try again.
Mike

MGBlack

Bronze forum user
I guess the photos are too large.
Thanks to Warren for the help.
I am going to list the car on Craigslist and Kijiji
There will be more pics there.
I did want to offer it to CAT members first.
Please pm or email me @ mgblack@sympatico.ca for details etc.
Mike

MGBlack

Bronze forum user
When I knew how to use a computer, it was all windows based.
Got tired of viruses and found better things to do.
Now I barely know how to operate my iPad , but am virus free.
Thank you all for the help.
Always helpful on this site.

I have posted the ad on Kijiji here at home
Yes it is a real site
A Canadian Craigslist sort of, owned by Google I think
There are more photos there.
You can contact me here though.

This was a suggestion I had today to overcome the pic problems
The ad is AD ID 1104857560
Kijiji Ontario, GTA
Disregard price on ad
Interested parties can contact me directly
Mike

Last edited:

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Good luck with the sale, I should buy this as it's only a few numbers away from mine.........

Warren

Gold forum user
That's it

I thought I would look this one up on Kijiji and found this add: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars...er/1104857560?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
This has more photos for your drooling I mean viewing pleasure. Looks like an interesting project.
MarkP

Good work...

$_35.JPG

$_35.JPG

$_35.JPG

One of my suggestions was to load all your pictures to a Craigslist type site. The photos get compressed by their system and you can copy and paste or otherwise copy them from your own listing. Yes it is a Lazy man's fix but its simple. It saves space on your user cache as well. It took like 40 seconds to grab the 3 pictures above.

Alpine260

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
What is meant by the phrase "race car since new". Do you mean that the original owner converted a normal street car to a race car shortly after it was purchased? or are you saying that the car was a factory race car or something like that?

Thank you!
Cullen

Alpine260

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
that's a steal for an American to buy the car. If I didn't have 6 projects including a similar and rare tiger, id buy it. the only hang up might be that a lot of people still don't understand the process of bring the car across the boarder. paper work, import taxes, transfer of title. we all know it can be done.... only a handful of us really understand how. I don't know how...but for the price, I would try and figure it out.
Cullen

tiga78

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
An update on B9471202:

I bought the car from Mike Black in the fall of 2015. Between my other 2 Tiger project cars and buying / trying to run an Alpine vintage race car over the past few years, I have done nothing with B9471202 other than gather a few needed parts for a restoration as a street car.

Realizing that I still have way too much on my plate to do anything with it in the next 5-or-so years, I am now planning on selling it later this year.

Thought I would post it here with a few weeks' advance notice before listing on eBay or BaT, in case anyone in the club is interested in buying it.

The car is in the same condition as when Mike listed in back in 2015, and I have the link and password for the Photobucket album containing ~ 100 photos; PM me if interested.

The Arizona title that Mike got for the car when he imported it to Canada is still with the car, and I also have a Manitoba title for it in my name.

With all of the parts I've collected for it detailed below, I would sell the project to a CAT member for $17,000 USD (I'll probably ask a little more if it gets listed publicly).

The missing parts I've gathered for the car are as follows:

1) Trans Tunnel
In the photos, one can see a small portion of the trans tunnel cut out when it was converted to race spec (I think it was probably cut for a scattershield, so although the rear wheelwells aren't modified at all, I still think it possible that it might have been a drag racer instead of a sportscar racer).

Last year, I managed to buy a very complete stock Tiger tunnel for the car (there is lots more material in the replacement tunnel than will be needed to replace the missing pieces, so it should be possible to do the replacement on factory weld areas).

2) Tach
The car has its proper Tiger speedo, but the tach had been replaced with an aftermarket unit by the time I got it. I have an unrestored (but decent-appearing) factory Tiger tach to go with the car.

3) Hood
The car has an aftermarket scoop in its hood. I can supply a fairly good stock hood to go with it as well if desired.

4) Engine
When I got it, the car came with a '65 289 block (C5 date code, 5-bolt bellhousing), a mostly-complete 302 that I was told is a 'Mexican' block and some various other engine parts (F4B, Performer intake, various heads/intakes - but nothing stock for a Tiger).

Shortly after buying the car, I bought a complete 260 out of a '64 Comet - it turned over by hand when I got it, but has been sitting for decades so should have a rebuild.

I also bought a set of stock Tiger exhaust manifolds for the car that can go with it.

I'd like to sell the car with the 260 and Tiger exhaust manifolds. If a buyer really wanted the engine bits that I got with the car instead, I could probably piece them back together (all the loose stuff went into my SBF parts horde when I got the car, but I should be able to lump it all back together with the photos).

5) Windshield / Bumpers
The car also had a broken windshield and was missing its bumpers when I got it. I can supply decent used windshield and bumpers (will need some resto work) with the car.