Only 49

67 Tiger

Gold forum user
Today, 11/21/15 is #2631's 49th birthday, which means I've got 1 year to put my car back together, and make it drivable. Lucky for the both of us I turned 62 this summer, and the U.S. Treasury has started giving me back some of the money they have been collecting from me for more than 40 years.
How many other Tigers rolled off the line on 11/21/66? How many on 11/21/65? or in 64?

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
1966-11-21 Was a Popular Day for Tigers

How many other Tigers rolled off the line on 11/21/66? How many on 11/21/65? or in 64?

I checked the info in the Book of Norman. If I read it right, it did not list any Tigers coming off on 1964-11-21 nor on 1965-11-21. However, it did show quite a few Tigers with "No Records" that might have been completed around the 1964-11-21 date. Were either of these two dates a Saturday or a Sunday? That may explain why no Tigers were completed on those dates.

There were five Tigers listed as being completed on 1966-11-21. These are #2630, #2631, #2633, #2634, and #2636.

Good luck in getting your car back together and on the road before November!

Tim Gibbs

Bronze forum user
When is my Tiger Birthday????

I don't have a Book of Norm...and would love to know my Tigers Birthday. Would one of the great guys with a Book of Norm look up my Tigers Build date?

B382000820

Thanks!!!!! Tim Gibbs

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Got Your Tiger's Birthday

Tim,

Per the Book of Norman, your Tiger's birthday was November 2, 1966. We expect to see some photos of the 50-year-old birthday girl (or do you consider yours to be a boy?) this coming November!

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Tim,

Per the Book of Norman, your Tiger's birthday was November 2, 1966. We expect to see some photos of the 50-year-old birthday girl (or do you consider yours to be a boy?) this coming November!

Is that right? I have 2258 and think I'm 29 June 1966

67 Tiger

Gold forum user
I just checked a web site called timeanddate.com, and 11/21/64 was a Sat. 11/21/65, was Sun. and 11/21/66 was a Mon. I see they built 5 cars that day. At least mine wasn't the first one of the day. I hope their hangovers were gone by the time they got to mine. I'm moving along with the fixing, but Ill post that stuff in the "My Story" thread. I am working on a project for NEW brake drums.

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
VIN Numbers Not in Order

Is that right? I have 2258 and think I'm 29 June 1966

Michael - The VIN numbers were not assigned when the car was completed. I am not sure when it was assigned to the Tiger tub, but in looking over the information in the Book of Norman, the completion dates for two cars with sequential VIN numbers might be differ by a month or even more.

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Nice Thought

I see they built 5 cars that day. At least mine wasn't the first one of the day. I hope their hangovers were gone by the time they got to mine.

That's a nice thought, but the VIN order does not necessarily match the completion order. I don't know how one could find out the completion order of the cars with the same completion date. Of course, it could be your car was actually completed on the previous Friday, but the paperwork did not get completed until Monday.

Some might say that the lads in the factory did their best work with a hangover!

67 Tiger

Gold forum user
Just had a thought, weren't Tigers built on an assembly line? or were they done one at a time?

Tim Gibbs

Bronze forum user
Thank you HolyCat

HolyCat. .....you made my day......my Tiger will be done by Nov the 2nd! Three years from the time I started......lots of love and $$$$$$ not sure if it is male or female......I will work on that...
Thank you,,,,,, you made my day

Tim Gibbs