Tiger mkii driving sim

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
A video of the selection of a mkii tiger in the popular forza motorsports series if driving simulation games. The detail of the model us good, this is possibly the best thing that's happened to bring the tiger to a wider audience and new younger demographic... Get some more broad based exposure for the marque

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dKu9PzyL4Ps

venice532

Gold forum user
CAT Member
mk2

Hi Michael, David W. drove with Gary C. and I to the Peterson CAT meeting the other day.

In the driving portion of the video that starts at around 4 minutes in they have been able to capture almost exactly the way David drives his red mk2 around the streets of LA.

It's all there- the over revving, the fishtailing and of course the speed shifting.

Also, what factory color they are showing at 2:39? Is that Balmoral Gray?

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Good stuff! The audio sounded like one of the beefier Tiger race cars- I love that the tach and speedo work on the interior shot- pretty cool!

canbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Love the color selections near the beginning, and look of the dash later in the video. Both look very accurate.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
It's a pitty in the body modd part that you can't add a LAT bonnet, in games like GT even in the late 90's you could save your points and turn them bit by bit into race cars ( generally based on the period racers of the time) adding various wheels, body and engine mods and then paint schemes which were the period liveries.) I was hoping with this they could offer lat9, 70 , halibrand and minilities.

Body mods you could have lat bonnet, side vents, fender flares, hardtop and the little chin and tail spoilers they will included.

Engine and suspension could be lowered and LSD, rear discs ( note you see the drums in the model) uprated sway bars.

Then for full race they could have scf74, hsc55 and Fraser monster with hardtop for track pack and red/white works rally for stage mode ... Then the lm tiger for a bonus unlock prize .... Then again... Maybe that comes on the next edition or maybe we all need to email them with some pics and specs!! :D

spmdr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
OK then

well, gee, 208 MPH ....From a VERY stock Mk2...:------

By the sound, maybe some more Ignition timing would wake up the Zip....:)

...Sounds a little labored.

I guess that's what you get when you are geared for 208 MPH?:D

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
well, gee, 208 MPH ....From a VERY stock Mk2...:------

By the sound, maybe some more Ignition timing would wake up the Zip....:)

...Sounds a little labored.

I guess that's what you get when you are geared for 208 MPH?:D

Dan I thought the readout was kph... So its more like 125mph.. Which is about right.

As a side note the car they referenced must have had its front bumper slightly misaligned and pointing up.

spmdr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Yup, you're right

On the small screen it was a tough call.

With a bigger screen, it clearly is KPH.

...I still don't LIVE metric stuff, I'm keeping it at bay...:eek:

...at least with car stuff, mostly....if I'm lucky...:)

dlyle

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I had it up to 165 MPH with 2.20 gears on the Le Mans track. I think I can get a few more MPH with some more tinkering.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I had it up to 165 MPH with 2.20 gears on the Le Mans track. I think I can get a few more MPH with some more tinkering.

I note in the video they had 5.7 litre, supercharger and turbo as things you could buy.... Here I was thinking a lat 1 super induction kit with can and 4bbl was a good move!!