SOLD Nice Tiger for sale

John Marinan

Bronze forum user
SOLD 65 Tiger owned 28 years. Carnival red including engine compartment and trunk, original color BRG
Never rusted, never restored, as it never needed to be restored.
Well maintained, with a 5 bolt 289. HiPo main caps, damper, boss rods, TRWs milled to flat. Floating wrist pins, windage tray, Windsor Jrs from Jim Valako.
F4B, Mallory unilite, Be Cool custom made aluminum radiator. Amsoil pre oiler. Adjustable flow waterneck. Hella horns, remote oil filter in wheel well with L&L billet adapter. New ceramic coated headers, flow masters.
Anderson sway bar, Konis front. Crossmember done by Jim Wallace in 1986, rebushed in 2006.
Subaru master cylinder. Dale's ackerman angle correction kit, Dale's rear disc brakes, Hurst shifter, DeFord burled dash, MotoLita wheel. 15" Panasports o
offset correctly, Yokohama tires. Rollbar. SOLD
Newly rebuilt diff. with trac lock, built by Avalanche Engineering in Durango CO.
Hardtop with rear chrome, body color.

Included but not installed, top doors, correct rearview inside mirror, hardtop chrome. Washer bottle bracket, no bottle. Washer pump.
Recently restored wood wheel, no horn ring. One door handle key cover not installed.
Needs windshield to door rubber seal installed. needs a new hardtop to windshield gasket, needs a new soft top to windshield seal. Top frame is recently redone.
The car is missing one top door chrome strip.

The car is presently in Durango Co, it spent 27 years in CO. before that CA.
It is very tight and of course fast.
A video that we made in 1992 is on youtube as Tiger Clip 1992
The car has been less that 5,000 miles since 1985.

I'm in NY until the 19th, so I can send pictures after I return to CO.
I think the car is reasonably priced at $30,000.
Reason for sale: I live at 9,000' we have giant Elk, Deer, and last week I had a Moose in my driveway. I hit a Deer once in a 54 TR2. I live in fear of doing it the Tiger, so I don't use it. The TR was # 10 and it was repaired and still lives.

The paint is fair last done in 86
The underside is as purchased, with the Ziebart still on. I did remove a small section to show the condition of the metal, no rust.

John Marinan
972 333 7980
john@addingtonfg.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Warren

Gold forum user
Happy Trails

Sounds like a very nice car. Is it headed for the West coast?

John Marinan

Bronze forum user
It's already there, Manhattan Beach. It went to a really nice guy, who plans to do a lot of work on it.