Dec 30, 1966 - (almost) the last of the Mk1A Tigers

theo_s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hi all,
I took '2705 for a little spin on our street, road conditions not being ideal for a longer cruise. It, and '2706 were built or at least entered into the Jensen ledgers 50 years ago today, with only two other Mk1As being entered early in 1967.

Attachments

• IMG_1175.jpg
    IMG_1175.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 215

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Congrats, Theo! I'd be afraid of causing an avalanche with the Tiger's rumble:)

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Congratulations!

Theo,
Congratulations on your Tiger's 50th Birthday. Interesting that our cars share the same birthday. I wonder if all 30 December 1966 cars were Carnival Red. Looks good against that white snow, but brrrrrrrrr.

theo_s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Mine and I'm pretty sure also 2706 are actually color code 86... if and when the time comes for a full body restoration the two coats of red are going to come off.

canbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Theo Not that I'm encouraging you to keep driving that nice Tiger of yours in the Winter, but my first Tiger was actually pretty good in the snow, with posi and snow tires. Once the snow got to about 8 inches or so, you would see the two tire tracks as well as two groves between them where the exhaust system hangs.... Too bad the rust started to take its toll by the early 70's....

I guess you'll have to wait for the next Chinook winds to expose the asphalt...

Ron

LHP3RD

Silver forum user
White Tiger turns 50 today!!

My MK II turns 50 today, so I thought I'd get some balloons and park it in my front yard for all to see and help celebrate!

Attachments

• 50th Birthday.jpg
    50th Birthday.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 132