Replacement Fan

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hi All

I need to replace the fan on my very stock Tiger MkI. The current fan (pictured below) is a 13" 7 blade fan that was on the car when I acquired it 7+ years ago.

Recently, the engine developed a metal clattering sound and after careful inspection and process of elimination I narrowed the source down to the fan. I removed the fan and found a significant longitudinal crack in one of the blades. It was getting close to total failure. So now I am looking for a replacement.

The current fan fit well and did a reasonably good job. My initial search failed to locate an exact replacement...I could only find a 6 blade version.

So my questions to the forum...

What are you guys using? Any recommendations? Sources?

As an aside, I know many use a 15" fan but I have read that can require the engine to be raised by adding shims at the motor mounts. I think this will be a non-starter for me as I do not have any room up top, as my air cleaner has a 1/4" or maybe less clearance.

Thanks

Attachments

• Tiger Fan.JPG
    Tiger Fan.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 81

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
My car came with the 5 blade fan pictured below and it has always worked well for me...
I bought some Tiger parts from a fellow in Nevada a few years ago and a 7 blade version... much like yours ... was included. I've never used it so if you are interested pm me... ;)

Attachments

• 5 blade fan.jpg
    5 blade fan.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 79
  • 7 blade fan.JPG
    7 blade fan.JPG
    467.1 KB · Views: 83