Image gtd5 wheels

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Spinners

I personally do not like the use of a (fake) "knock off" Spinner with a wheel with lug nuts. Do they have an alternative plug for the hole in the middle?

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
There are guys running that gt40 style halibrand stateside made by PSE.

Ash in the UK has those image wheels on his white tiger... But on a tiger at the front they require a very shallow rim depth which makes them look quite flat.

Maliburevue

Gold forum user
CAT Member
GT40 Wheels

PSE no longer makes the Halibrand style GT40 wheels for the Tiger. When they did they used the same inner casting and welded on either a 6" or 7" wide outer ring. Since all the castings had the same backspace, this made the front wheel casting stick out quite far. To reduce the front track width they moved the 6" ring inboard an inch on the casting. This helped to some degree, but my friend had them move it an additional inch further inboard on his car. As previously stated this made the front wheels fairly flat. Still, a beautiful wheel IMHO.

First picture shows the front wheels as delivered. Second picture shows how far they protrude. Third picture shows them with the outer ring moved inboard an additional inch.

Spike

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Approx $1900 us for a set of 15's.

That seems cheap... I spoke to them about 5 years back to examine the BRM gt40 style wheels... A tiger in the UK now has them but sane issue in the front with a very shallow depth rim on a tiger.

Tweak

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Michael, I had another question for you and have sent you a couple PM's. Hoping you received them.

The price is what I rec'd from them converted to dollars. The exchange has recently gotten better. Still not convinced I will go with them. Trying to find something a little less typical for the car.