Polishing and chrome

bleedfordblue

Bronze forum user
I am thinking about what to Polish or chrome on the engine. Can I see some engine pictures from stock to chromed out. Thank you

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
In order to polish something I would think it needs to be aluminum, so intake and valve covers ( not stock).

Attachments

• 1h.jpg
    1h.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 119

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
Not exactly 'stock' engine compartment :rolleyes:, but I do have a chrome air cleaner top ( it was actually an optional accessory in chrome back in the 'day' ). header tank, braces and ( not shown ) water pump pulley. I've seen a few cars with the fan shroud chromed...

Attachments

• chrome air cleaner.jpg
    chrome air cleaner.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 134

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The LAT factory dress up kit had the filter top chromed, chrome breather cap, dip stick handle and radiator cap. The stock pressed rocker covers were chrome and the optional cast finned and lettered covers cast finish with polished ribs.... So thats the factory dress up ( excluding the cast finned sump)

Some people chrome the scuttle braces and things like heater valve brackets, header tank and brackets and fam shrouds.. Also striker plates and hood hinges... Each to their own.

bleedfordblue

Bronze forum user
66TIGERMK1A, I love the look of your engine bay. Did you have the valve covers powered coated and then Polish off the fins? Looks great.

Maliburevue

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Engine Compartment

Here are some befores and some afters.

Spike

Attachments

• 4EngineBodyInteriorBefore.jpg
    4EngineBodyInteriorBefore.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 152
  • Engine Left.jpg
    Engine Left.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 127
  • Engine Right.jpg
    Engine Right.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 130

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
A doctor owned the Tiger before I purchased it in '89- he liked chrome- I have those same Tiger valve covers that are painted black with the highlights buffed out:

lbk91.jpg