Pentastar

pushrod

Bronze forum user
I use 4 chrome plated magnets to hold on the stainless strip in the radiator aperture, they've been on for nine months without any adverse effect. Much easier than drilling holes for the correct clips.

The strongest magnets are neodymium and very strong small ones can be obtained from slot car dealers, or Scalextric cars here in the UK.

Lou.

mr55s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Speaking of Pentastars, if your car is original, and if it came with a Pentastar, was it anodized aluminum or painted plastic on our series V Alpines and later MklA and Mkll Tigers? A friend of mine and I were wondering what was on our cars when new. There's a beer riding on this :D
Brian

Warren

Gold forum user
Plastic

Would be cheaper. I'm waiting on a pin head Chrysler guy to advise. I recall a stupid money Pentastar attached to a bag on eBay claiming to be Tiger that was plastic.

mr55s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hey Warren, thanks for the response, my guess is that there's a few cars still out there with one of the "puckered arse" still attached, that they could report on. I think Norm might know also, as I believe his car is an original Mkll. I don't recall seeing this in his book. I know it's a small detail, but still a grey area until reports come in. I have heard other owners and restorers state that favour
the anodized aluminum version over the plastic one that were installed initially. Let's hear from others out there with what you have.
Brian

Warren

Gold forum user
Quietly lurking

STOA member who's been a multiple award winner says plastic. I asked him to reply himself but he's also the chap in the early running for the award on my recent posting today. Toughest part of their event's is the hangover from the seemingly never ending hospitality suite beer supply. :rolleyes: