California Association of Sunbeam Tiger Owners Forum

Go Back   California Association of Sunbeam Tiger Owners Forum > Tiger Technical - Personalized/Modified > Engine
New Threads

Old 06-22-2016, 08:43 AM
Gold Forum Member
Member of C.A.T.

Good because I have given up on finding a single sheave Ford one and am about to have one made.

I hope he considers doing it soon as machining from billet would be expensive and I would not know where to get is spun locally.

Do you have a pic?
Old 06-22-2016, 01:23 PM
Bronze Forum Member

Quote:
Pushrod: you are brave. Palm Springs was 122. They don't even report Death Valley on our weather, because it's always ridiculously hot
Brave or mad! There was a song many years ago called "Mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun". Guess that goes for Welshmen also.

Here's a link to an article on engine coolant, this recommends 25% antifreeze for hot conditions. http://hellafunctional.com/?p=629.

Lou.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:43 AM
Administrator
Member of C.A.T.

Default Time

I have pitched the benefits of using the Forum to sell his products as well as going word of mouth like he has been doing for years. I also asked him if he was simply tired of selling them and wanted to send out a sample the club would probably be very happy to have a number of them spun up and sit on the inventory till they sell. I am following up this weekend. I'm not posting his number on a open forum page as he seemed to not like the idea of that. If he does make more I will see to the bare minimum of him being added in our White Pages area which is a member only area.
Old 06-23-2016, 02:09 PM
Gold Forum Member
Member of C.A.T.

Isn't this the same size as the Fairmont pulley? I was thinking of getting one of these.
http://www.cvfracing.com/Ford-Water-...bfe1wp-ahf.htm
Old 06-25-2016, 09:52 AM
Administrator
Member of C.A.T.

Yes, but be sure to check alignment with other pulleys for proper belt alignment. May require spacers or moving water pump hub since Tiger is different from other Ford applications.
Old 07-04-2016, 12:59 PM
Administrator
Member of C.A.T.

Default Autometer

Tried the sending unit with not so great results. Went to the Team Tiger's email list and searched the problem. "My water temperature is accurate up to 160 is then is way off."

I also looked at some YouTube Mustang videos and they pointed to the visually same voltage reducing under dash goodie which should also pulsate power to fuel or temp . The Tiger's United page says it should pulse power to both gauges and this is especially useful on fuel level as without it be a bouncing needle. So my running car's always had an appreciable needle raise or lower in a turn. The Mustang videos show the test light pulsing and mine doesn't.

Anyone had the same problem? The Tiger's United page has a multi meter test but doesn't say a test light would remain on if voltage regulator is defective. I've seen the part in SS catalog. Any thoughts before I further cannibalize my project car?
Old 07-10-2016, 09:55 AM
Gold Forum Member
Member of C.A.T.

Before I buy this aluminium one and have to paint it black, are there any others on the market?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 Tiger View Post
Isn't this the same size as the Fairmont pulley? I was thinking of getting one of these.
http://www.cvfracing.com/Ford-Water-...bfe1wp-ahf.htm