Lower dash Roll

steven

Gold forum user
Help please, in my build I bought the new rubber section to fit the lower dash roll. I then bought and cut new vinyl for it. I used a "heavy duty" contact glue from a known supplier. Were now in high summer 45C and 70% humidy. In the shed working in the heat, noticed the lower dash roll, not installed yet, has totally let go, all glue has released. I am trying to remove the glue stuck to the metal section before I try again. Any advise please

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Chemistry Issue ??

Help please, in my build I bought the new rubber section to fit the lower dash roll. I then bought and cut new vinyl for it. I used a "heavy duty" contact glue from a known supplier. Were now in high summer 45C and 70% humidy. In the shed working in the heat, noticed the lower dash roll, not installed yet, has totally let go, all glue has released. I am trying to remove the glue stuck to the metal section before I try again. Any advise please

I suspect something didn't agree with the glue; did you pre-paint the metal with an odd chemistry? Anyway, I have had good luck with any over the counter contact cement and/or a product we have here called " Gorilla Glue" depending upon application. If you're in the shade, the summer heat & humidity may speed the curing but not affect the overall results.

Bob Knight

Gold forum user
CAT Member
3M

The 3M "super weatherstrip adhesive" seems to stick well and handle high temperatures without letting go.
Bob K.
B9471705