SOLD 1965 Tiger MKI SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

DennisB

New forum user
SOLD A two-owner California Tiger needs a new caretaker. Purchased from the original owner in 1974, this car has been part of my life for forty years. The car has always been garaged and has an STOA authentication certificate. The car is personalized, but I have most of the parts to make it “original.”

The body is pristine original metal, never cut, dented, or rusted. It was prepped and painted by a well-known painter (SEMA, Overhaulin). All chrome and stainless trim has been redone and all rubber parts are new. New burl wood dash. All new stainless or grade 8 fasteners throughout. A new wiring harness is installed. Refurbished window regulators and new window channels.

The engine is a 302 from Ford Racing. Edelbrock intake, Holly carb, electronic ignition, billet pully system, deep oil pan, and Centerforce clutch. The headers are CAT design, ceramic coated, with stainless exhaust. The radiator is a cross-flow aluminum by Fluidyne. Original close-ratio four speed transmission, rebuilt. Balanced drive shaft with new u-joints. Original differential rebuilt with 3.07 gear set and posi-trac. 3.54 gear set also available. All new seals and bearings.

MG steering rack and adjustable sway bar. New springs front and back and Carrera shocks. Four wheel disc brakes. Panasport wheels (16x7) with 225/50 Yokohamas on the rear and 205/45 on the front. All new brake, clutch, and fuel lines. All new polyurethane suspension bushings.

The interior was hand stitched by an upholsterer known for his work on hot rods, customs, and show-quality restorations. Carpet is imported German wool with Dynamat on the floors and firewall. I have the original hard top and soft top. Both still need restoration (I have not thought about a top on this car in decades).

This car really draws a crowd and I will truly miss it. Bring a pickup truck for all the spares and extras.

I am looking for: $SOLD,000. $ :)

Last edited by a moderator:

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Its a really nice car... i had never seen the exhaust cross over pipes so far back on the car... i thought they only really work when within a close range of the headers. Note you also have Dales aftermarket header tank for the cooling system. As Bruce metioned the servo location is unusual.. that is for the brakes or you are drawing hydalic pressure for seperate rear assistance?

The body is beautiful... really nice car and the HSC hood scoop looks great. You are asking good money for it.. might eb worth installing the top... at that end of the market the cars should be ready to roll. :)

DennisB

New forum user
yes, that is the power brake booster in front of the rear axle. it works fine and leaves a little more room under the hood for air circulation, etc.(at least in my imagination).

Dale A did the brakes, steering, suspension, and installed the new engine. While I have both the original tops and all their parts, I cannot bring myself to put an ugly, unrestored top on this car.

porschecarl

Bronze forum user
I have seen and driven this Tiger. It is truly an exceptional example with almost nothing left to finish excluding the the tops. If I only had the cash it would have been in my garage yesterday:cool:

DennisB

New forum user
SOLD

My beloved Tiger has a new owner. Really nice car people who will respect the car and use it as intended. I would like to thank all who had nice things to say about the car and especially those who made personal endorsements to prospective buyers.

The car did sell for its full asking price.

Status
Not open for further replies.