Grills by windshield wipers

ahetzel

Gold forum user
Any idea how to remove the two body colored grills that sit between the hood and windshield wipers? I have debris beneath them and want to clean the cubbies out.

Warren

Gold forum user
Pins

Two pins each grill. A steel widget is around t pin and it's s pry off with out messing up paint. Pins are on outboard edges of both.

ahetzel

Gold forum user
Warren, thanks, that's what I suspected. I will pry carefully. I just replaced my dash pad, windshield rubber and the rubber under the windshield frame and created some debris during the process.

Warren

Gold forum user
A little dab will do ya.

I couldn't remember what they call the small steel clip that goes between the pin and the little hole in the scuttle. I only wonder what they were thinking . Putting them in must chip off paint and allow rust to get under. I have used a dab of silicone. I had one held by gravity for some time, nice work by D.P.O.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
grills

I couldn't remember what they call the small steel clip that goes between the pin and the little hole in the scuttle. I only wonder what they were thinking . Putting them in must chip off paint and allow rust to get under. I have used a dab of silicone. I had one held by gravity for some time, nice work by D.P.O.

They are called " barrel clips". There are many styles and are still available and still being used.