Alger alert

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes...b7032f8f:g:e3sAAOSwx-9WyRQn&item=161984229263

The glaring thing for me is the Alpine spare tire mount. The one pic of the exhaust pass through doesn't look right either. The VIN & JAL are posted in the pics. The guy mentions rebodying, but there are no good pics of the vital stuff to tell if it was just back halfed or not.

That car was on eBay back in October as a ' 65 Sunbeam Tiger barn find' with no mention of the 'A' word...:O

A conveniently placed pile 'o wheels hiding the Alpine spare mount too ( from Oct. auction ) :eek:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Other-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Roadpir8

Bronze forum user
"re-bodied" Tiger on ebay

Saw this on ebay... says it is possibly a "re-bodied" Tiger. In case anyone is interested.

Description in post:

"I acquired this Sunbeam Tiger awhile ago. Before I got it, the car has been in storage for several years. I don't know the history on it. The car runs, drives and stops. It is a 2 top car ( hard and soft top). I am not sure if the motor is a 260 or a 289. From what I see I believe it to be a 289 with an aluminum intake, Holley carb, Ford daul point distributor, and long tube headers. The original 4 speed and rearend are in the car and work fine. It has an alternator now but comes with the orignal generator and bracket. It has Koni shocks and LAT traction bars. It has a new exhaust sytem on it that was on it before I bought it. It has the original jack and handle. It comes with a new front window seal. It NEEDS TLC. Some of the gauges do not work. The turn singals do not work. Head light and tail light do. It has current California registration and title in my name. The body appears to be in great shape. I am not a Tiger expert but this Tiger may be a rebodied one. With that said, I am selling it as a rebodied Tiger and priced as one. It is registered as a Tiger. It is fun to drive."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes...b7032f8f:g:e3sAAOSwx-9WyRQn&item=161984229263

Warren

Gold forum user
Sorry for the merge

We have two threads on the same POS, short for Piece of Sunbeam :)

Too lazy to get it better sorted hardly important enough to. Good that we all bring these up and there is nothing wrong with guys waving the yellow caution flag so keep up the good work. I have seen the flag waving across the Tiger info boards...

This one does look familiar as Jim says but so do all those red cars :cool:

B9471945 Tiger

Last edited:

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
At least he is honest and 2 times says that it may be a rebody and he is selling it as one. Not a bad car overall, any news what happened to the "real" car with this vin?

Warren

Gold forum user
Agreed

What's the problem here is the swapped vin number. Who was it that told me the story of a vin tag a JAL going for $5000 US to an out of country car allegedly "a real car" but with no vin.

Not that I think this seller or the car should pay for sins of someone in the past by being crushed. Just because its on a website in a discussion of vin tag removal, I'd be a little nervous buying this nice collection of parts, but if it was cheaper lke 7500 :)

SunbeamTgr

Silver forum user
CAT Member
I would lay "even money" that this car is real, at least the front 3/4's of it and the underside also seems correct. Note the top of the exhaust pass throughs still have the formed edges. The speedo cable hole looks exactly "stock", too. I might be missing a bunch of under hood issues due to poor pictures, but I don't feel the VIN has been removed. Yes, the data plate has been changed in position. I'd have loved to look this one over in person. Well bought, in my opinion. I will admit that I have been fooled in the past, though.