My New Tremec TKO 600 5 Speed

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
covering all the bases

Here's the tire diameter calculator, also...

1q0ged.jpg

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Aside from the shop manual, road tests of the Tiger during the time of production show MPH in top gear ranging from 22.5 mph to 24.2 mph per 1000 rpm. These were done with test equipment, not relying on the Tiger instruments accuracy. Seems like a lot of variation. I get 23+ mph per 1000 rpm with my set up.

Hottigr .. Appologies i didnt note your 205/60... And looked at your effective 3.11 gearing comment :eek:

With a 2.88 and 205/60/13 with c/r gears you would get 23.43 per 1000 so 2987rpm @ 70 mph... And yes 140mph at 5974rpm not allowing for tyre slip wind resistance etc...

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Michael, you are usually right and I was going off of memory, so I wanted to check the numbers again myself- no apology needed- thanks. Kirk

Too Tech

Bronze forum user
I would like to use the .63 OD ratio with my mild 289, probably 200 - 220 rear wheel HP.
My concern is needing to downshift to 4th gear for hills or to pass another car. I don't want to be doing a lot of downshifting while cruising.

How often do those using the .63 OD ratio find they need to downshift while running about 70 MPH??

Does anyone with the .63 OD wish they had chosen the .82 OD??

Thanks for multiple comments...

TAH_Tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
5 speed

Rick,
Don't second guess yourself. You chose the .63 for easy cruising. You will not have to downshift until you exit the highway as you're only pulling 2500 lbs. You will love the Tiger more than ever and wonder why you waited so long.

Tom

ramseyt

Gold forum user
CAT Member
.64 OD is a bit tall for me

I went to the TKO 600 to get the OD for hwy comfort. Chose the .64 to "get the most". Made that choice with plans to eventually reduce the 2.88 rear to something slightly over 3.00 to get a lower 1st gear than the top loader. Haven't made the change yet. Meanwhile, I avoid OD below 45 mph because the rpm's drop down in the 1,200 range. With the torque of my 302, hills are no problem in OD as long as I'm around 55-60 mph.