Seat Straps

CLIFF_MK1

Gold forum user
CAT Member
When I had my seats upholstered using SS kit, I purchased the rubber straps which are used on MK1 seats. Several of the straps have split (not at the ends with the hook). The seats have been used only a few times since the rebuild. Any suggestions, should I order new straps or do something else? Thanks, Cliff

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The original straps were a pirelli webbing iirc. You can still buy that , or can use seatbelt webbing, though it obviously doesn't have the same elasticity and wont be ass sprung in feel but will be stronger and longer lasting .
That said yours seemed to have failed very prematurely, im.wondering if its a faulty batch of the webbing?

Warren

Gold forum user
Nice

" ass sprung" I overlooked the sofa like webbing used in my seat by the P.O. It's lasted pretty long but only cause of my lower ass sprung effect :) With a sailors palm and sewing needles the seat belt material is easily sewn up.

CLIFF_MK1

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Well. OK, how do you follow that?? I called SS and they said to photo the bottom of the seat and they would take a look. They said that the hooks supplied with their straps are slightly longer than regular upholstery hooks because the regular hooks streched the straps too much. This may have happened in my case.