Vance joy "play with fire" video

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Finally the video is being released... there was a delay of the premiere due the the bushfire's down here in the last couple of weeks. The songs title "play with fire" was deemed to be a little unfortunate .. so they held off.

it's being debuted on the "V" music channel in just over and hour (11am saturday 2nd November AESDT) .. and will go online Monday. I will post a link when it comes up.

Singer: Vance Joy
Track: "play with fire"

http://www.vmusic.com.au/pages/main-menu/news/latest-news/premiere-vance-joy-play-with-fire

http://vancejoy.com/

Tiger tamer

Gold forum user
You must be well pleased with that Michael. The car is nearly the star. It got heaps of air time. Well worth the time and effort spent. Very cool:cool:

How did the paint fair with all the suction cups and weight of the camera gear ?

Cheers Mal

Last edited:

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hi Mal,

Yes the car does get a good showing.. it's a pity some of the badge close-ups shots were cut n tihe end.

The camerra and suction caps were fine (car is well polished ;) ) However the last rigging where it was on the boot I was not there when they put them on and there must have been some grit on the edge of 1 of the caps as it left a mark.. had to get out the fine cutting compound and the buff when i got home.

Overall I am quite happy with the clip... as 1 friend said... nice how the car runs out of fuel and as a result brakes down and has smoke come from the bonnet.. but its a story.. not a documentary :D

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Video has had over 2500 views in the first day... now I'm really disappointed the "ALPINE" script shot and the bonnet badge shots got cut at the last moment... oh well. still good exposure. :eek:

venice532

Gold forum user
CAT Member
now famous alpine

Hi Michael, very clever of you to demand final cut privileges.

If I'm ever in Australia I'd like to borrow your Alpine and drive it to that beach party.

Bob J.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Bob,

you dont want to borrow the Tiger? :D

Actually the Alpine is more fun along a road like that... that said.. i had forgotten what it was like to drive it on normal tyres... am used to having the semi slicks on it with stiff sidewalls.. was way more wallowy and soft with the tall and skinnies.

For those who dont know the Great Ocean Road (and am guessing that is most on this forum!) it's a stretch of coastal road that runs along Bass straight in Victoria.. is used for lots of car ads and other promotional shoots... is fantastic on a nice day:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Ocean_Road

DD (CA)

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Beautiful all around

Great car, great scenery, great song...

Storyline might need some help, but fabulous cinematography.

Lucky guy to have part in that! Neat!

DD (CA)

DD (CA)

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Back for update

Well certainly lots has changed since release. I recalled liking the song and wanting to buy the single for the good karma if nothing else.

Kind of shocked when I realized the artist was Vance Joy, who had blown up here in the US. I'm sure globally. With "Riptide".

So... should you venture to YouTube, you'll find your little video now has over 5.2 Million watches. Come a long way since your first 2400 views on the au channel.

And then... don't even bother watching the official riptide vid. God awful. Watch the acoustic ones sure or others.

And hoping that "$0.10/view" was legit... heh. Congratulations Michael, you've brought more Sunbeam interest into the world...

Vance Joy "Play with Fire" featuring Michael's red alpine

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
So... should you venture to YouTube, you'll find your little video now has over 5.2 Million watches. Come a long way since your first 2400 views on the au channel.

And hoping that "$0.10/view" was legit... heh. Congratulations Michael, you've brought more Sunbeam interest into the world...

Vance Joy "Play with Fire" featuring Michael's red alpine

I wish i had got 0.10 for each view... Then I'd be playing with fire!, would buy the monster Tiger and maybe a few fresh sets of race rubber :D:cool:

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Alrighty !!

As stated, story line is definitely a bit youthful. The car and the backdrop save the day . . . . . . . :):)