Hurst Tiger Shifter

Mlerne

Silver forum user
Hi All,

I will be switching to a Hurst shifter and have heard about someone who makes (used to make?) Tiger-style shifter sticks with a T (just for show) to fit a Hurst assembly. I've combed past threads to no avail. Does anyone know who this person is or if there is some kind of adapter possible to keep the stock stick? I have a shorty, BTW.

Thanks, Michael

PITT40

Gold forum user
I bought a rusty stock Ford 3 speed shifter arm on Ebay. I cut off the arm and just used the bottom boss and welded a tab and threaded the holes to bolt a short straight Hurst arm onto it. You lose the reverse lockout of the Ford 4 speed shifter, but I never had issues jamming any car into reverse when down shifting.

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
When I bought my Tiger a few years back, it had a Hurst linkage and 'Indy' shifter which just didn't look the part.
I bought a 289 Cobra repro shifter from Dan Williams Tioploader for about $200 IIRC
It's pretty much 'straight' and the 'dummy T' does go up and down on a spring but has no actual function...
It's 7 1/2" from the top mounting hole to the top of the knob...

Here's a few pics...

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The fake factory shifters for the Hurst setup used to be available from the top loader places, but were not tiger specific but were for cobras, falcons and mustangs so the most appropriate one is the straight short shifter version.

They used to be at david kee and toploader heaven Dave Williams... Can't see on their site now but I'd suggest calling them

Edit... Jim has your info

PITT40

Gold forum user
My apologies. After reading this thread again, I realized that I completely misunderstood the initial question. So I gave you the opposite answer that you were looking for.

I personally like the Hurst chrome arm and I have the black ball on mine. That's why I did what I did. I thought you wanted a Hurst T handle on your Tiger and were seeking something like I did.

Bosspwrd

Silver forum user
Hurst lever possible alternative ....... ?

When I bought my Tiger a few years back, it had a Hurst linkage and 'Indy' shifter which just didn't look the part.
I bought a 289 Cobra repro shifter from Dan Williams Tioploader for about $200 IIRC
It's pretty much 'straight' and the 'dummy T' does go up and down on a spring but has no actual function...
It's 7 1/2" from the top mounting hole to the top of the knob...

Here's a few pics...

I have looked into this , and I too turned up empty handed . But ....... in further search , I have found one VERY SIMILAR on eBay . Bolts to the Hurst shifter box
two bolt , has "T" lock out , but fixed solid , straight short stick . List as application for a '63 - '65 Vette . Price > About $85 .

Bosspwrd -

mwood

Gold forum user
Does the Hurst shifter have the same bolt spacing/sizing as the stock Ford Tremec/T-5 handle?

If so, Tom Hall at ModTiger might still have some inventory of the shift handles he's made for his 5 speed kits which are made to original Tiger dimensions and have dummy T-bar lock outs.

venice532

Gold forum user
CAT Member
shifter

Hi Michael, Bill Heeley made one for my when I put a t5 in my white car.

His number is 301 774 6710.