Father Time The Great Molester

Warren

Gold forum user
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes...tr=true&hash=item567836bc95&item=371384040597

LOL unmolested seller says. Looks a little over buffed as well

B9472051
$_1.JPG

42.jpg

Last edited:

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Amazing what rusty ( or at least what we on the west coast call rusty) Tigers are fetching. For a minute I thought it had a navigation unit above the radio. :) What is the cable on the gear shift handle for?

HRO260

Bronze forum user
Visibility

At least the vendor is being like the floorpan - transparent! Also puts into perspective the validity of the oft chimed "rust free west coast car"...

Pretty decent array of images from which to form an opinion and in all fairness, if you're prepared to invest the bucks at least there is a better chance of the end result reflecting your investment nowadays.

Cheers,
Tom

P. Scofield

Black arm band member RIP
My hats off to the seller for a great group of pictures revealing most of the cars problems. I don't think they are far off the mark on price. 18-22K would be more like what I think would be a fair price. I think there are many cars selling for 18k that are missing many of the parts present on this Tiger. Including that great little Tommy.

Although I'm perplexed on how they got that much rust on the front apron and boot lid without any apparent rust in the rockers.

chirodoc

Gold forum user
FATHER TIME

KURT TANNER is known for his Healy 3000 Restorations (Barrett-Jackson auctions). Would be curious to know what kind of a pricetag for a Kurt Tanner restoration on this car?

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Rust Free !!

Looks much better than what we're used to here in the Nor'east . . . . .

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
KURT TANNER is known for his Healy 3000 Restorations (Barrett-Jackson auctions). Would be curious to know what kind of a pricetag for a Kurt Tanner restoration on this car?

Maybe the owner gave it to jurt.. Gor the estimate and bailed on the project? If the seller is Kurt, he has shown lots of the problem areas... But I'm confused by some of the rust... Seems solid in places it shouldn't be given rust in some odf spots.... The deep filler on the boot and brushed on with a broom on sill is also odd.

The car seems a decent project, but who knows what's hiding?? Maybe it's much worse than it looks... Maybe it's a good honest car.... Who would know unless you see it in person.. And then you still don't know till its back to bare.....

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Resto Panic Costs

I agree with MK. It's very easy to get buried in just the metal restoration without even touching the mechanicals or cosmetics. Man hours become endless. I suspect it's up for sale because someone ran an honest calculator :eek:. . . . . . . . .
PS: I luv the Landau HT treatment.

Last edited: