STOA's Class for Judging Stock Class

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Right now, the STOA is holding a seminar to teach how to judge the stock class in a concours.

One person from the UK was invited along with four from both CAT and the STOA. The CAT group from SoCal was at the airport well before dawn this morning to catch the first flight north and will fly home late tonight. Each is paying his/her own way and none are being subsidized by any club.

The class was initially Bill Martin's concept and is hosted at his shop. The main instructors for the event are Bill, Tom Hall, Peter Phelps and Patrick King, assisted by Norm Miller. The STOA has arranged for the students and instructors to have access to very stock examples of a MKI, IA and a II. Norm and Bill have put together a large number of photographs to assist the students.

Graduates of today's seminar will be able to provide local resources to any who are interested in learning about the features of a stock Tiger, as well as providing an excellent pool of potential judges for future Tiger events.

I'd like to thank all the organizers, instructors and participants for their exceptional efforts to support our marque. Special thanks to those owners who have preserved their Tigers and have now lent them to this very special seminar.

Buck Trippel,
at the beach

Doug C

Gold forum user
Outstanding - just for curiously sake, were the people invited or are the volunteers?

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Judge Training Invitation Only

The seminar event was by invitation only.

I'm not familiar how it was handled at other clubs but at CAT it was announced and discussed at several meetings. The names of those who expressed interest were passed on to those running the seminar who then invited those who best fit their selection criteria.

Hopefully, similar seminars will be held in the future. In the interim I plan to pick the brains of the CAT attendees while the information is still fresh.

Buck
at the beach