Starts will not run

steven

Gold forum user
My fully rebuilt motor will fire on start but will not run. I am thinking vacumn problem. I have a Holley Carb with spacer on a new inlet manifold.
My question is can the inlet manifold be removed and refitted in situ.
I am hoping it is the carby gaskets but assuming the worst

67MKII

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Yes - you can remove and install the intake manifold with the engine in the car.

John

steven

Gold forum user
It has a full electronic distributor that has been static timed. It has fuel. When turning over it seems like it is trying to run. It makes all the start noise, no backfire but will not settle into a running state. Someone told me it may be a vacumn problem.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Steven,

So you are running an hei elctronic ignition, what type and what is the static timing set to?

Are you running it with mechanical or vac advance off the distributor?

Your comment about gaskets implies a vac leak as opposed to vaccum issue. With a vac leak it would idle but not run... To check for a vac leak at thr manifold spray carb cleaner or similar around the faces and see if idle is impacted... But seems you cant get it to idle.. So think maybe your issue is timing if you have fuel and spark?

steven

Gold forum user
What a great Xmas present, advanced the dizzie and it started and ran good oil pressure, lots of noise and fumes wonderful. Turned it off and will have a whiskey