Suspension bushings

steven

Gold forum user
Hi, I have been checking out the poly bushes for the suspension. Some people say they sqeek etc. Now I have prices from 3 sources at the moment. A company called SuperPro has poly bushing for front and the rear spring front bush for AU$339. Sunbeam spec has similar products for $223.20. Now Vic British do not say what there bushes are so I am wondering if the are still the rubber ones. Their price is $121.30 What is the general feeling? If the VB ones are rubber and fit they should last the new life of the car.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
You will find that the SS ones are super pro's i think.. might be worththe ask.. sad they are cheaper in the states than here.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Playin' in the bushes

I install them all and found some flaws with various sets a few years back but all fine lately. A little attention to proper pressing support and installed lubrication is helpful. I've seen a few high tech racing examples but never found the need for them. Too bad that the costs to get them down under is a bit steep.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Too bad that the costs to get them down under is a bit steep.

Randy.. what puzzels me.. the super pro ones are made here in AU.. in steven's state.. but as with many things we make.. cheaper to buy them overseas and ship them back here than get them from local suppliers :mad:

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Dilemmas!!

"what puzzels me.. the super pro ones are made here in AU.. in steven's state.. but as with many things we make.. cheaper to buy them overseas and ship them back here than get them from local suppliers"
Well; if ya want us to send a set, PM us. r

steven

Gold forum user
Been having a chat with Mr Rootes QLD, John Harris. He told me he used to ship the genuine Super Pro bushes to a retailer in Cal however that retailer found a cheaper supplier and stopped shipping the aussie ones. He also said he has been selling and fitting the pro bushes for 35 years and has never had a complaint. He sent me a price list that looks good however I am following it up, his list is extensive for most Rootes cars but does'nt mention Tigers/Alpines for the front, only Minxes and Hunters. Wiil let everyone know when I get the definitive answer.

steven

Gold forum user
The list price from Mt Rootes with genuine Super Pro items is AU$315 List so I think he will get my order:D

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
More info in the bush

Just for your shopping comparisons, we keep my favorite sets here on the shelf: The stock repro full set at $126.00 and the hard nylon upgrade at $165.00 USD. For driving experiences, I've never been able to tell the "felt" difference between the two . . . . . . . .

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
bushes

when we restored the series 5 alpine in 1995, doug jennings installed the solid bushings in place of the rubber bushings in the control arms and also in the cross tube for the steering. everything in the steering was rebuilt and it didn't take very much driving before the wife took it back to doug and had it all removed and replaced with the rubber bushings. the problem we had was that with the alpine steering we got a lot of vibration and strong feed back to the steering wheel. we have never seen a difference like this in the tigers i have driven with solid bushings. we have always thought the difference may be due to the idler arm and the crosstube at the fire wall since the alpine steering setup is much different than the tiger. i still have the bushings in the parts room.