Edelbrock waterpump

bleedfordblue

Bronze forum user
I have been considering replacing my stock water pump with an Edelbrock water pump #8847. Has anybody else done this and if so how does it work/oponions? Also installing a Derale fan #17015. Any recommendations?

CLIFF_MK1

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Not sure about the Edelbrock pump or if it's necessary. The speed of the water thru the engine and radiator is not an issue with cooling, but I am not familiar with the Edelbrock pump. I installed the #17015 fan. First, I had a machine shop enlarge the hole to fit over the Tiger water pump. Next, the blades were a little too long to freely move over the suspension, so the machine shop cut about an inch off the ends. Turned out good although others would cringe about this. Cliff

1966 TGR

Gold forum user
CAT Member
edelbrock water pump

I installed the edelbrock pump along with 6 blade fan. Very impressed with Edelbrock pump quality and highly recommend it. . You may need to use a press to move the flange on the nose, so that the pulley aligns properly with the crank pulley. If you want to be totally safe from overheating, I recommend the smaller size water pump pulley. Either the Ford Fairmont or custom machined from a vendor whose name I don't recall.

Warren

Gold forum user
Pulley

Attached picture is a stock pulley, and two reproductions. Two different CAT members make them . Hoghead a user on this forum makes the spun aluminum one, the fancy anodized one is R. Woolridge in roster in Ohio I think

Attachments

• IMG_20171114_090206545.jpg
    IMG_20171114_090206545.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 191

Hoghead

Gold forum user
Attached picture is a stock pulley, and two reproductions. Two different CAT members make them . Hoghead a user on this forum makes the spun aluminum one, the fancy anodized one is R. Woolridge in roster in Ohio I think

It is Fairmont OD and machined from billet 6061-T6 aluminium, not spun.

Warren

Gold forum user
Spun

Robert "spun," to me means turned on a lathe. The finish cut of the bare alloy is just a little deep of a cut and it'll need some finish work. Both are fine for the application they look different.

Hoghead

Gold forum user
Robert "spun," to me means turned on a lathe. The finish cut of the bare alloy is just a little deep of a cut and it'll need some finish work. Both are fine for the application they look different.

Spun to me means formed from sheet while spinning the part against a forming buck
This pulley is machined on a CNC lathe

Two countries separated by the same language......