California Association of Sunbeam Tiger Owners Forum

Go Back   California Association of Sunbeam Tiger Owners Forum > Sunbeam Tiger > Your Tigers Story
New Threads

Old 08-05-2017, 06:55 PM
Bronze Forum Member
Member of C.A.T.

Thanks, John. That's reassuring, and what I thought it would be when I planned the install. It's an unusual flywheel, bellhousing and clutch combination for a Tiger. Back in the early 80's I had a shop convert the 260 to a 289. I never ran it for various reasons. So when I started the restoration project 3 years ago, I discovered that the bellhousing and flywheel were out of a truck or Bronco 164 tooth flywheel and 11m inch clutch. The bell housing was actually one that was made for narrow or wide transmissions. So I decided to keep the combination. So, something is probably wrong but I'am not sure what. The set up is fairly simple, and every thing works, it's just real stiff. Cliff
Old 08-06-2017, 01:44 PM
Gold Forum Member
Member of C.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIFF_MK1 View Post
Thanks, John. That's reassuring, and what I thought it would be when I planned the install. It's an unusual flywheel, bellhousing and clutch combination for a Tiger. Back in the early 80's I had a shop convert the 260 to a 289. I never ran it for various reasons. So when I started the restoration project 3 years ago, I discovered that the bellhousing and flywheel were out of a truck or Bronco 164 tooth flywheel and 11m inch clutch. The bell housing was actually one that was made for narrow or wide transmissions. So I decided to keep the combination. So, something is probably wrong but I'am not sure what. The set up is fairly simple, and every thing works, it's just real stiff. Cliff
Hi Cliff,
Can you elaborate on the 260 / 289 conversion? Did you have it bored out to 4.000"? I'm curious because have the original block in my green Tiger that has been bored out and I'm not sure how kosher it is. (I'm thinking it isn't...)
Any info would be welcome!
Cheers, -Kevin
1965 Mk1. B9470719. TAC#1069
1966 Mk1. B9471488.