Fan Belt for Reduced Pulley

DCTiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Had normal overtemp issues with newly rebuilt 260 w/gen, Al Griffin Radiator, and LAT fan. Next stop was to add the horn hole covers. Then added reduced pulley and that seemed to get me within temperature.

What size fan belt is now required?

TIA,

Jon B

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Hi Robert,

My car has the smaller pulley and had a Goodyear 15485 on it. I switched to an alternator and had to step down even further to a 47" belt.

-Jon

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Had normal overtemp issues with newly rebuilt 260 w/gen, Al Griffin Radiator, and LAT fan. Next stop was to add the horn hole covers. Then added reduced pulley and that seemed to get me within temperature.

What size fan belt is now required?

TIA,

When you say normal temperature issues. Im assuming you are talking about tigers notorious overheating... However.. Under what conditions did you get overheating ? Stop start in traffic, Freeway, idle in driveway?

What are the symptoms? Was it spitting coolant? Running poorly ? The gauge reading high?

Given your alloy radiator and 6 blade fan...im.surprised at the overheating... Are you sure it is actually overheating and not a missreading gauge?

Is the temp gauge correct? Do you have a spring in the lower radiator hose?

Id be worried there is something wrong if the new motor was actually overheating.