MK II Project Available

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
MK II Project

Well; ya certainly know how to make an entrance . . . . .Do we know where it came from ? History of owners, etc. etc.

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Bill Martin wrote this to the Tigers List for clarification:

To All,
I guess I should have written about the car a little as I keep getting told that it has issues.
Yes it was back halved with a clean Series 5 Alpine, that's why I showed pictures of the trunk, rear shelf, and seam. I could not get specifics as to when it was done. I am a TAC inspector and Patrick King, Norm Miller, Terry Curry, Mike Andres, Don Whitely have all looked at the car.
They are all TAC inspectors and there is no doubt that it is a real MKII and it is TAC able. It is available if anyone is looking to restore a MKII. If you have any questions please contact me.
Thanks
Bill

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
TAC Scores

It's a MK1.5 then.

Nah, I give it a 1.7. After all, Geronimo's original hatchet in the museum has only had 3 new heads and 4 new handles . . . . . . . Like the rest of the little tin critters, it only a matter of cash and umpteen man-hours.

tiger260

Gold forum user
Nah, I give it a 1.7. After all, Geronimo's original hatchet in the museum has only had 3 new heads and 4 new handles . . . . . . . Like the rest of the little tin critters, it only a matter of cash and umpteen man-hours.

Over here we use the term "Trigger's Broom".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbha4XclSMU

How do you work out how many miles it has done?
The back could have 30,000 more miles on the clock.

chirodoc

Gold forum user
WHAT'S TIGER?

I guess this post kinda answers the question I posted some months back "WHAT IS A TIGER? The Ebay car for sale by a west coast dealer and before an Iowa Ebay Tiger listing. Both cars had an been Alpine rear clipped. I guess that a TAC TIGER only needs a VIN plate even though It' is a rebodied Alpine!

Moondoggie

Gold forum user
Its still nice to know what will be considered a "real " Tiger.

In the world of Cobras csx2000 & Csx 3000
there are numerous cars that have been totally rebodied and are considered
as REAL Cobras. THe only difference here is that the Tiger has a unitized frame so replace a significant amount of body on a tiger would not change
the situation. I don't think there is a case where a Kirkham body has been used and that might be a problem. Keep in mind that all of these parts come off the same stamping dies during the time the car was manufactured.

Moondoggie

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Stamp/Bend/Stomp

In the world of Cobras csx2000 & Csx 3000
there are numerous cars that have been totally rebodied and are considered
as REAL Cobras. THe only difference here is that the Tiger has a unitized frame so replace a significant amount of body on a tiger would not change
the situation. I don't think there is a case where a Kirkham body has been used and that might be a problem. Keep in mind that all of these parts come off the same stamping dies during the time the car was manufactured.

Moondoggie

We had to replicate a very wounded MK II rear deck during a recent rescue from death rot. The stamping where the battery hole isn't is a bit unique. Shoulda/woulda/coulda made some extras but the man-hours were already scary . . . . . . .