Best license plate for Tiger?

Tim Gibbs

Bronze forum user
I need your help!!! As I finally get to that magical day of my first drive with my finished M1KA its time for license and registration. I need ideas for the personalized license plate. Tiger of course is gone......the plate option here in Kentucky only have 6 spaces that can be used. Either letters or numbers are fine

If you have ideas or have seen great plays on Tiger let me know,,,,FYI Tim or TAG would fit for me as well.. I look forward to hearing your ideas...

Thanks.... Tim Gibbs

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
TIMTIG
MKIA66 (I have this Australia )
66MKIA
STIGER
TIGRRR
ST1966
TIGRV8 (I have this in Australia)
V8TIGR
260TIG
TIG260
BEAMV8

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Something different?

The P.O. got TigerBlue's vanity plate in CA in the 1990's.

CAT XTC

Works for me but some might think XTC refers to an illicit drug these days.

Good luck and have fun with your Tiger.

Rick

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Some More to Think About

Tim,

I always liked TGR for Tiger. With your first name being Tim, how about TGRTIM? Other suggestions (some are variations on what others have suggested - hey, I plagiarize shamelessly):

TIGGER
SNBTGR
HOTTGR
TGR260
260TGR
66TIGR
TGRXTC
66MK1A
HOTCAT
AGNT86 (for Maxwell Smart fans, works best if your car is Carnival Red)

Anyway, you can always substitute TAG for TIM. You can also switch between CAT, TIG, and TGR.

Good luck with wrapping up your car and choosing your personalized tag!

Tim Gibbs

Bronze forum user
Thanks Guys,,,,,,

Those are great Plates....I dont think that way.....I am more of a straight line thinker.. I appreciate your time and ideas.. I will let you know and post a photo of the plate and the car. It is getting painted now. Once again thank you.. the club has been a great source of information, motivation, parts, and a lot of smiles during my MK1A three year rebuild....

Tim

grelley

Silver forum user
I like Hobbes ( A yellow stuffed Tiger) I would have bought this for mine buy someone got in before me.

ToyTrainGuy

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Luckily for me, I was the first MK-2 owner in Florida to want a Personal Plate way back in 1975, so I was able to get this one.

When I sold my Falcon Sprint, I alerted the Florida Tiger owners that my Personal Plate for the Falcon would be up for grabs. It was 260-V8. Also you could try V8-260.

In the old days you'd have to mail it in & hope for the best, but now with the Internet, you can see instantly if your choice is available. Pretty cool...

Doug C

Gold forum user
64 Tiger

I was very lucky to get this plate in the fall of 2015 for my 1964 Tiger

Don't just think that what you want may not be available, it might just be.

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I must have tried about 25 different plates for my current Tiger...eventually tried HOTTIGR and was a little surprised it was still there- I liked the double entendre- my 302 is quite a bit warmer than the stock 260, and, maybe only Tiger owners get it- Tigers have a tendency to overheat.

steven

Gold forum user
Not sure what you pay over there, my TI6ER cost me $2,000AU dollars. We tend to get screwed by our state government.

Warren

Gold forum user
Wow

Steven did your motor vehicle department charge you or was it supply and demand for privately owned tags?

We have to sell plates with car's as state makes it hard if not impossible to transfer them.

At least I've not heard of it happening.

steven

Gold forum user
We own the personal plates and if selling the car, standard plates would be fitted and the seller keeps the personal plates.

pmacd

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
My plate is A TIGER, got it the first year they offered personalized plates. It was supposed to be a one time cost but, once the Gov't saw what a success they had going, they instituted an extra Yearly cost. no surprise there, right?

Peter

Last edited by a moderator: