Lakewood 15200 Bellhousing

cbroadbooks

Bronze forum user
I'm needing to change my bellhousing as the current one was modified sometime in the past, and there is only about 3/16" bite where the transmission bolts up. Anyone have any experience in installing a Lakewood bellhousing? What can I look forward to?

Also, any suggestions on a clutch?

TIA,
Chip

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I'm needing to change my bellhousing as the current one was modified sometime in the past, and there is only about 3/16" bite where the transmission bolts up. Anyone have any experience in installing a Lakewood bellhousing? What can I look forward to?

Also, any suggestions on a clutch?

TIA,
Chip

Chip,

The centreforce gets lots of good wraps from tiger guys, strong and sensible pressure at the pedal.. mcleoad also is well spoken of, think they are both 11". I run a ford king cobra 10.5" seems to hold up well, but is very heavy.

Tiger tamer

Gold forum user
I used a quick time bell housing. It is shaped like a regular bell housing so it takes up less space than a lakewood. It came with several rings for the flange on the gear box but none were right for the early toploader, so i had to have one made. Everything else was good. Summit sell them.

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
I used a quick time bell housing. It is shaped like a regular bell housing so it takes up less space than a lakewood. It came with several rings for the flange on the gear box but none were right for the early toploader, so i had to have one made. Everything else was good. Summit sell them.

I too use the QuickTime. I just replace the front seal carrier of the toploader to the larger one ($50) and everything bolted up nicely. I had to do some grinding of the houseing around the clutch slave area. It's a sexy scatter shield.

I am also running a Centerforce clutch.

008-2.jpg

004-7.jpg

002-4.jpg