17 x 7 or 8 Panasport Wheels

tigerracer

Silver forum user
I was asked by Panasport if there is any interest in a 17" wheel for a Tiger.
I also have a request for 15 x 8, Panasports has a mold, but minimum order is 20 wheels. So, if there is interest in either wheel, please post here or call me.

Thank You,
Dale Akuszewski
Dales Restorations
909-799-2099

Tiger001

Bronze forum user
No interest here in 17" wheels for the tiger. But if they make a 15x8 application specific then I would be interested in those.

the_tool_man

Gold forum user
I might be interested in 15x8 if the price is right. Lots of similarly-styled wheels already out there, though.

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
17"????? Would you have 1" sidewall tires? Or just solid rubber glued to them like tank roadwheels?

Nice to have you back and on the board Dale. You should hang out much more often with your wealth of knowledge and experience.

Last edited:

Moondoggie

Gold forum user
Hmmm Bigger brakes !! These are 16's on my Tiger so I doubt you could
tell the difference..

Moondoggie

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
17"????? Would you have 1" sidewall tires? Or just solid rubber glued to them like tank roadwheels?

Well... maybe not 1"... Here's a set of 255/40-17's on 9 1/2" rims INSIDE the fender! rear is narrowed though :eek: Tires are 25" high
I'm running 14" ...7's and 8's and actually have room for 11" disks, front and rear...
I don't have a lot of room between the tire and leaf spring with 245's on 8's so I think it would be tough to squeeze in 15x8's inside the fender lip without some slight flaring... Nothing much available for tires wider than 225 in a 15" and they fit OK on 7's ... I don't suppose anyone makes a 7.5" rim... :cool:

Jim
B382000446

defsailor

Bronze forum user
nice stance!

I really like the look of the red car. Could you clarify which setup is on it? I am finishing new paint and ready to renew tires and powdercoat current 15 in panasports. Thanks for sharing the pix.

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
I really like the look of the red car. Could you clarify which setup is on it? I am finishing new paint and ready to renew tires and powdercoat current 15 in panasports. Thanks for sharing the pix.

PM sent...

Question for Dale ( or others ) ... Have you ever installed 15" x8" successfully on a stock bodied Tiger??

Jim

B382000446

Flared1965Tiger

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Wow!

Yessir! Dale! That is what I would like to put on my tiger as it came to me with significantly flared steel fenders.

Peter

67tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I have no interest in 17's, it would look rediculous, however a 15x8 matched up with already available 15x7's I think would be great! I would like to know the range of tire width this would allow me tuck under the wheel wells. I have slight steal flares which accomodate wider than stock tires currently 245/50's 14 is what I have had for years.

tigerracer

Silver forum user
There seems to be enough interest in the 15 x 8 Panasports to possible make a run of them. Will those people interested please call me at 909-799-2099

Thanks
Dale