1964 SUNBEAM "Tribute Car" on eBay $24,500

Warren

Gold forum user
As discussed on SAOCA this is a former members car. The AC is interesting. Not sure if I'd be crazy about moving the under dash unit for under dash tasks.

boss-tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
? say what - nothing could possible go wrong under the dash of a Sunbeam Alpine or Tiger

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
If you don't mess around with trying to molest and modify the original wiring there are no problems behind the dash.

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
If you don't mess around with trying to molest and modify the original wiring there are no problems behind the dash.
Ah, if only wiring was the only thing behind the dash. We still have the heater blower, windshield wiper motor, and (for some of us) the fresh air vents. But most of the time I am on my back trying to get under the dash, it has something to do with wiring (original, which sometimes has fittings coming loose).

Warren

Gold forum user
? say what - nothing could possible go wrong under the dash of a Sunbeam Alpine or Tiger
On the to do list is a Ross AKA Black Tiger suggestion . He's put quick release pins in place of the front seat bolts for quicker removal.
In all fairness all I've ever had to do was change a lightbulb and resecure ground daisy chain thumbscrews. But then there's a want a tachometer that works with other ignition systems, speedo bounce, cables in shape.
Then there's the T handle on the shifter which is another scalp and hair remover. The faster the seats come out the sooner you are done.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Ah, if only wiring was the only thing behind the dash. We still have the heater blower, windshield wiper motor, and (for some of us) the fresh air vents. But most of the time I am on my back trying to get under the dash, it has something to do with wiring (original, which sometimes has fittings coming loose).
I must be doing something right because I've never had problems with the fan motor or wiper motors. It could be due to maintenance or lack of abuse. We don't use the vents on the cars that we own that do have them so they don't present a problem. Keep in mind that we own Alpines or Alpine based conversions which are much tamer than a Tiger. The track record on the series 4 dates back to when Dad bought it in the mid 60's.