1965 Tiger on BaT VIN 9471471 LRXFE

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
It's already being talked about on some other sites. At least I think It's the same one. I could be wrong.

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Let me know if you can't see the pictures from the link below.

Rick

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1965-sunbeam-tiger-61/
Rick,
In the not too distant future, the link will become stale and the ad will not be accessible from the link. This is why we ask folks posting these 3rd party car for sale ads to copy a photo of the car and paste it in the post. If you need help doing this, please send me a communication and I would be happy to help you with that.
Thanks!
David

RIX260

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Rick,
In the not too distant future, the link will become stale and the ad will not be accessible from the link. This is why we ask folks posting these 3rd party car for sale ads to copy a photo of the car and paste it in the post. If you need help doing this, please send me a communication and I would be happy to help you with that.
Thanks!
David
David:
I posted a direct link to the BaT auction. I don‘t understand why you can’t see the pictures. I also posted the VIN which I thought was supposed to allow eternal access to the car as well. Michael King beat me to the post anyway.
Rick.

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
David:
I posted a direct link to the BaT auction. I don‘t understand why you can’t see the pictures. I also posted the VIN which I thought was supposed to allow eternal access to the car as well. Michael King beat me to the post anyway.
Rick.
Rick,

It is NOT a question of being able to see photos in the ad to which the link takes the reader. In 2 weeks or so, that link will no longer work. If a future reader wants to see what this car looks like as part of some research, he will not be able to see it. That is why at least one photo of the vehicle should be copied and pasted into the post. Had there been a photo in the post to which 65beam replied to, he would not have gotten confused and discussed a different car.

Having the VIN number IN THE POST ITSELF serves two purposes. If someone is interested in buying the car, there is less likely to be a bait-and-switch attempt. But the bigger reason is to help someone in the future doing research on a car. If someone sees a current photo of a car with a certain VIN number and finds in the Forum a different looking car with the same VIN number, that puts the person on alert about the provenance of the cars.

I have offered more than once to help you with this. If you are unable to follow these simple Forum requests, maybe it might be better not to continue to post 3rd party cars for sale.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
David:
Rick.
Rick,

I posted this car in a thread yesterday after you suggested I could post it.. the thread is here:

https://www.catmbr.org/cat-forum/threads/b9471471-lrxfe-mki-on-bat.8349/

This is what is being suggested as a guide to how to post.. as you can see the VIN . Some description like you do ..and Photos in the thread:

Screenshot_20230319-105241~2.png

In the original thread I also added pictures of the black JAL only car you wanted to discuss

That was hopefully as a guide for you.. so I did the red car post as a full example after you suggested I might post it..

Maybe there is a misunderstanding what is meant by posting pictures...

As I have mentioned several times .. the links posted to the auctions ( other than BaT) after 3 months maximum are no longer active and will lead to an empty page...no listing...no photos .. hence the " dead link" and any discussion is then moot as there are no photos and if no VIN in the thread ...nobody knows what car was being discussed. This has been covered many times..

So... As an example I'm linking you to some of your old threads.... See what happens when you go to them and check the link:

https://www.catmbr.org/cat-forum/threads/1966-tiger-mark-1a-on-ebay-from-the-czech-republic.7612/

https://www.catmbr.org/cat-forum/threads/tiger-for-sale-bin-25k-or-offer-on-ebay.7657/

There are many threads like the above ..

Now this post is from March 2022... An eBay auction car..no VIN no pics ... I actually posted a response to you about this politely with some suggestions...and I added photos and a VIN...as a guide...
click your link in the thread... See what it takes you too. And you can see why adding VIN and photos makes the thread a long term asset to the forum:
https://www.catmbr.org/cat-forum/threads/1965-mark-1-tiger-on-ebay.7777/
Screenshot_20230319-111057~2.png
Screenshot_20230319-110944~2.png

RIX260

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Rick,

It is NOT a question of being able to see photos in the ad to which the link takes the reader. In 2 weeks or so, that link will no longer work. If a future reader wants to see what this car looks like as part of some research, he will not be able to see it. That is why at least one photo of the vehicle should be copied and pasted into the post. Had there been a photo in the post to which 65beam replied to, he would not have gotten confused and discussed a different car.

Having the VIN number IN THE POST ITSELF serves two purposes. If someone is interested in buying the car, there is less likely to be a bait-and-switch attempt. But the bigger reason is to help someone in the future doing research on a car. If someone sees a current photo of a car with a certain VIN number and finds in the Forum a different looking car with the same VIN number, that puts the person on alert about the provenance of the cars.

I have offered more than once to help you with this. If you are unable to follow these simple Forum requests, maybe it might be better not to continue to post 3rd party cars for sale.
David:

In the case of BaT, you can always see the history of cars they have listed under ‘RESULTS’. Having just passed the 100,000 mark for cars sold, they have a great data base not only of past sales but also ‘bid to’ cars. There are probably more Tiger sales results in their database than any other single site.

I’ll try to copy and paste a photo the next time. Some sites where I have tried to copy a photo, it has been protected from being copied under copyright or some other software.

And the VIN number was included with the BaT listing so that part is handled. I’ll enlist the help of my grandson to teach me how to do it if I have a problem in the future rather than take your suggestion to stop posting 3rd party cars for sale. I would rather learn how to do something myself rather than depend on someone else to do it for me. But thanks for your offer.

Rick

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
This car has a lot of Dale's
Rick,

I posted this car in a thread yesterday after you suggested I could post it.. the thread is here:

https://www.catmbr.org/cat-forum/threads/b9471471-lrxfe-mki-on-bat.8349/

This is what is being suggested as a guide to how to post.. as you can see the VIN . Some description like you do ..and Photos in the thread:

View attachment 17264

In the original thread I also added pictures of the black JAL only car you wanted to discuss

That was hopefully as a guide for you.. so I did the red car post as a full example after you suggested I might post it..

Maybe there is a misunderstanding what is meant by posting pictures...

As I have mentioned several times .. the links posted to the auctions ( other than BaT) after 3 months maximum are no longer active and will lead to an empty page...no listing...no photos .. hence the " dead link" and any discussion is then moot as there are no photos and if no VIN in the thread ...nobody knows what car was being discussed. This has been covered many times..

So... As an example I'm linking you to some of your old threads.... See what happens when you go to them and check the link:

https://www.catmbr.org/cat-forum/threads/1966-tiger-mark-1a-on-ebay-from-the-czech-republic.7612/

https://www.catmbr.org/cat-forum/threads/tiger-for-sale-bin-25k-or-offer-on-ebay.7657/

There are many threads like the above ..

Now this post is from March 2022... An eBay auction car..no VIN no pics ... I actually posted a response to you about this politely with some suggestions...and I added photos and a VIN...as a guide...
click your link in the thread... See what it takes you too. And you can see why adding VIN and photos makes the thread a long term asset to the forum:
https://www.catmbr.org/cat-forum/threads/1965-mark-1-tiger-on-ebay.7777/
View attachment 17266
View attachment 17265

If the forum continues to store long term assets at what point will old photos and text have to be deleted in order to prevent over loading the system and being unable to operate efficiently. How much past history such as old "for sale" items and comment posts needs to be kept?

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
This car has a lot of Dale's

If the forum continues to store long term assets at what point will old photos and text have to be deleted in order to prevent over loading the system and being unable to operate efficiently. How much past history such as old "for sale" items and comment posts needs to be kept?

I'll answer the question like it's genuine rather than simply being trolling and counterfactual....

Threads with just text take up very little space, when a few images are uploaded, espcially if from sites such as eBay , Craigslist etc generally they are in the 100 -300kb range .. so quite small. It should be noted that the size of images within the archive of the forum would not cause it to
over loading the system and being unable to operate efficiently
As it doesn't work like a desktop computer or laptop that will suffer from running out of RAM.

Also the value of having an archive of the various cars is a worthwhile resource to those who are Tiger owners and enthusiasts, they tend to show an interest in the cars and their histories.

However if one was serious about concern for the storage of the site and saving admins having to go back and remove threads that are memory intensive and of little worth, i would gather the preservation of the Tiger archive would be less likely to be removed rather than some low hanging fruit.

Far better to delete posts where someone had repeatedly posted the same poorly framed and focused images of their cars and garage parts store time and time again that does waste server space as it is repeating the same file, espcially when it has little or nothing to do with the topic of a thread.

If members are concerned about the server space and the money the club spends on web hosting it might be nice of them to save the admins time of having to go back and remove repeated self indulgent posts.

theo_s

Gold forum user
CAT Member

1. Our current webhost, for all its faults, does not directly limit our storage.
2. There are some Tigers that have had only one or two owners in their entire history, and the car's history is known basically from the day it left the dealer showroom. There are some other Tigers that have done the rounds, so to speak, and it can be a lot harder to figure out where and when a car picked up certain bits and pieces or other aspects of its history. For those cars, having some record of (recent) sales can be a huge boon to anyone doing a restoration or just trying to put a story together.
3. The record of cars for sale in itself is interesting to the Tiger community at large.

So, we will do our best to maintain material submitted by club and forum members.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
1. Our current webhost, for all its faults, does not directly limit our storage.
2. There are some Tigers that have had only one or two owners in their entire history, and the car's history is known basically from the day it left the dealer showroom. There are some other Tigers that have done the rounds, so to speak, and it can be a lot harder to figure out where and when a car picked up certain bits and pieces or other aspects of its history. For those cars, having some record of (recent) sales can be a huge boon to anyone doing a restoration or just trying to put a story together.
3. The record of cars for sale in itself is interesting to the Tiger community at large.

So, we will do our best to maintain material submitted by club and forum members.
Theo,
#1 That explains a lot. Since we have IT folks on the payroll at work to handle everything. I know nothing except what I want to know.

#2 There seems to always be some new owners at the TE/AE Uniteds and other events and they have lots of questions. As I have said before it seems the Uniteds here are like a family reunion because of the longevity of membership of many in attendance and their cars. If one of the newbie owners have questions they find answers because of the presence of folks like TT, Doug Jennings and other owners that have had the cars most of their lives. I won't take the time to list everyone else. At the TE/AE United this past September we had Rick from Sunbeam Specialties, Patrick King and many other original or long term Tiger owners and well known folks from the U.K. in attendance.

#3 Records of the past sales does give a good indication of cars being flipped on a regular basis. The photos of cars that are objects of frequent sales would also show changes that have been made. It also brings up the question from potential owners of why they are constantly being flipped as well as past dollars involved.

#4 You and others do a great job of promoting the marque and helping out when needed. Some of us older guys may have a different view point and are proud of what we have collected over the years, have seen what was done by dealers and for various reasons we may not always operate inside the guide lines. I agree with Rick when he says he'll ask his grandson for help. I have a 12 year old in the family that has a lot better computer knowledge than I do and can help. Keep up the good work.