1966 Alpine Anaheim (GONE?)

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
EDIT : I learned 7/28/13 that a deal and deposit had been accepted.

I have not seen this car but learned about it through a "source" close to the owner. Sounded like it may be all there with some or all of the rebuilt parts included. Some work required to get it on the road?

Located in Anaheim, CA.

Contact me by email or PM through the forum. Just click the user name to do so.

TigerBlue

Last edited:

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Update and Photos

Sunday the 21st I headed up to Anaheim to check this Alpine out of curiosity. I'm not in the market for another Sunbeam today.

The "good" such as I could inspect it in the tight and poorly lit garage the body seemed straight and the black paint (code 1 ) was in good shape. At some time over ten years? ago many new or rebuilt parts were installed. Vacuum booster, alternator and radiator? Hydraulic cylinders visible looked fresh and ready to fill and go. Wire wheels and it has been up on stands while stored. The oil cooler is there too (last pic).

The bad? Only rust I saw was on the bottom of the RF fender behind the wheel. Hole at the low point there as if it had water pooled and finally rusted through. Neither The right foot well or trunk had obvious rust issues but my inspection did not include the underside.

The ugly? Only the unknown like gas tanks, fuel and brake lines??

Potentially an Alpine "driver" for less than half the price and some elbow grease? Especially if you can do all the work yourself.

Rick

PS That steering rack (trunk shot) is not part of the package.