1966 Mk 1A For Sale

FWTXTIGER

Bronze forum user
1966 Sunbeam Tiger Mk 1A is said to have been sold new in California before being relocated in the 1970s to Florida, where the car was eventually stored. The vehicle was moved to the Seattle, Washington area in 2017, where a three-year refurbishment was performed. After being media-blasted and placed on a rotisserie, the car was refinished in white over a refreshed red interior. Power comes from a rebuilt 260ci V8 paired with a four-speed manual transmission, and other equipment includes a black soft top and matching boot cover, 14″ VTO wheels, front disc brakes, a walnut dashboard, and a Blaupunkt AM/FM radio. Approximately 300 miles have been added since completion of the project. This Mk 1A Tiger has an STOA certificate, a tool roll, refurbishment records and photos.

The car was delivered new in Arctic White (92), and the seller states that it was disassembled and placed on a rotisserie, media-blasted, and epoxy-primed before being refinished. The black soft top and matching boot cover as well as the body-side moldings have been replaced, and the brightwork was replated.

Silver 14″ VTO wheels are mounted with 185/65 Uniroyal Tiger Paw Touring tires. The car is equipped with front disc brakes and rear drums.

The interior has been redone with replacement seat foam and red upholstery over matching carpet and underlayment, which was also replaced. The door panels were retrimmed to match. An AM/FM Blaupunkt radio is mounted under the walnut dash, which now features a glovebox door. An armrest console is mounted between the front seats.

A Moto-Lita steering wheel sits ahead of Jaeger instrumentation that includes a 6k-rpm tachometer, a 140-mph speedometer, and four auxiliary gauges. The five-digit odometer shows 39k miles, approximately 300 of which have been added since completion of the refurbishment. True mileage is unknown.

The 260ci V8 is said to have been cleaned and Magnafluxed before being rebuilt with reconditioned connecting rods as well as replacement rod and camshaft bearings, timing chain, oil pump, water pump, hoses, and more. The generator and starter have been rebuilt, and the radiator and heater core were cleaned and resealed. The fluids were changed in late 2020.

Power is delivered to the rear wheels through a Ford Toploader four-speed manual transmission, and the rear axle features a 2.88:1 final-drive.

The Sunbeam Tiger Owners Association certificate of authenticity from April 2021 indicates that this car is a genuine Sunbeam Tiger and shows the factory paint color, engine number, and other information.

Sleeved service records and notes will accompany the car along with photos taken during the build process.

I recently purchase the car but because of unseen circumstances have it up for sale

See BAT listing for photos and commentary. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1966-sunbeam-tiger-36/

Asking 59,500 Car is located in Fort Worth Texas

Last edited:

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The
Just refreshing - anyone out there interested?
BaT auction site said it sold for the current asking.. Did the sale fall through?

Capture+_2022-02-11-09-11-59.png

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Oops.. Missed that last line.
fWIW... The car looks decent overall..if its solid, a few detail adjustments, door fit, black out grill area align a few bits.... Then put it to auction at the events... While sunbeam values are soft.. It appears a better car than many that have sold above 60k.... Just my 0.02
Come on Michael he's the buyer from BaT ;)

FWTXTIGER

Bronze forum user
The car is absolutely more than decent - I had it at a local STOA event and it was admired by many of the aficionados. Just having a change of direction in lifestyle - moving to the caribbean - where it cannot go.

FWTXTIGER

Bronze forum user
Oops.. Missed that last line.
fWIW... The car looks decent overall..if its solid, a few detail adjustments, door fit, black out grill area align a few bits.... Then put it to auction at the events... While sunbeam values are soft.. It appears a better car than many that have sold above 60k.... Just my 0.02
I would like to know in more detail the bits you are referring to as I will attend to them. Thanks