1967 Tiger 1A Project

LoadToad

Bronze forum user
AFBE6D54-A431-41CC-AAF5-9C084339E693.jpeg
Hope to have it looking this good or even better soon!!
5E0B29DB-205F-4303-9861-5554D20FC4E8.jpeg

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Looks like you have a real job on your hands. I have seen much worse starting positions, but there is a lot of work ahead of you. I look forward to seeing photos and hearing about your progress as you return this car back to the road.
David

LoadToad

Bronze forum user
Looks like you have a real job on your hands. I have seen much worse starting positions, but there is a lot of work ahead of you. I look forward to seeing photos and hearing about your progress as you return this car back to the road.
David
I will be posting updates from time to time. I'm lucky that my favorite nephew is a body and paint guru. Hope to keep it in budget!!

Warren

Gold forum user
Some type of BRG? I have seen a ledger page with BRG on it worker probably couldn't spell Forest ;)

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
That would be a wide ratio case.... Mk2 only (HEH-CF). You can fit one on a 260, or a 5 bolt 289 but you need a dual pattern bellhousing which are getting increasingly hard to come by. All Mk1/Mk1a gearboxes were close ration and narrow case/bolt pattern type. Of course... looking at the engine, that's a cast iron water pump, and 260 engines had aluminum pumps. It's difficult to say whether it's a 289 or a 302 without looking at the casting numbers or how many bolts hold on the bellhousing. Not that I am a purist... I have a 302 block with hipo 289 heads...

LoadToad

Bronze forum user
That would be a wide ratio case.... Mk2 only (HEH-CF). You can fit one on a 260, or a 5 bolt 289 but you need a dual pattern bellhousing which are getting increasingly hard to come by. All Mk1/Mk1a gearboxes were close ration and narrow case/bolt pattern type. Of course... looking at the engine, that's a cast iron water pump, and 260 engines had aluminum pumps. It's difficult to say whether it's a 289 or a 302 without looking at the casting numbers or how many bolts hold on the bellhousing. Not that I am a purist... I have a 302 block with hipo 289 heads...
6AB1C9BD-DAF7-4BB7-B8EC-5298F1379A99.jpeg