2 Tigers meet their ancestor..

bernd_st

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Quite a view this morning when 2 Swiss Tiger friends came to visit us on a stopover towards our annual German Club Meeting next weekend. It will take place @ Budweis (Czech Republic) - yes the one with the good beer :D They headed on to see Rothenburg today and we'll meet them again on Thursday...

Attachments

• IMG_20180729_152639.jpg
    IMG_20180729_152639.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 318

Doug C

Gold forum user
Quite a view this morning when 2 Swiss Tiger friends came to visit us on a stopover towards our annual German Club Meeting next weekend. It will take place @ Budweis (Czech Republic) - yes the one with the good beer :D They headed on to see Rothenburg today and we'll meet them again on Thursday...

Bernd, thanks for sharing but if I am mistaken Germany also has some great beer.... and once again thanks for being so kind. Doug

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Nice Photo

Thank you for sharing the very nice photo of the two Tigers and Alpine. It is always nice to see a nice-looking Alpine on these pages along with the beautiful Tigers. Have a great meeting in Budweis!

Doug C

Gold forum user
Thank you for sharing the very nice photo of the two Tigers and Alpine. It is always nice to see a nice-looking Alpine on these pages along with the beautiful Tigers. Have a great meeting in Budweis!

I personally think that Tigers and Alpines should embrace each other more.

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Yes, But....

I agree whole heartily, but let's not have them meet by accident! Don't want them too close. I would love to see more Alpines show up at the C.A.T. meetings and other events.

bernd_st

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Thanks for the comments. Thought it would be good to share that picture to the community. Despite having 2 Tigers in my possession (none of the pictured ones) I'm currently rediscovering my good old trustworthy grey Alpine SI. It's where I began the Sunbeaming 31 years before. Still enjoying driving it. Actually since more than 70 % in our club are Tiger owners nowadays Alpines - especially early ones - became a rare sight and draw a lot of attention...

P.S. Yes we do have some good beers in Germany as well - but sometimes we like to try something different

P.P.S. There are quite a few Hillman Minx owners in Czech and we hope to meet them this time. Another often neglected part of the history...

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Please post pics - we had a great time in Budweis but saw no Sunbeams at all the whole trip.

bernd_st

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Yes, will do so. We are expected to be around 40 cars and if the Czech Hillman brothers will join perhaps we can hit the 50 mark. It's gonna be fun...

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Its always good to see the rootes family together.. While alpines lack the punch and torque of tigers on a twisty road and around town they are their equal :)