'65 For Sale

Cal44

Gold forum user
Well, after a nice conversation with myself (nothing new) I have decided too put the Tig up for sale. $31K.

California black plate no rust car. TAC'D. Paint is a 20 footer, interior is a thirty footer, I can see some body repair on the drivers side. Good gaps. The trunk picture shows what appears to be heavy rust.....it is not. Once I cleaned up the trunk area I coated with a wax base sealer to show the next owner whats what. This way there in no trickery involved. All original undercoating. The ampmeter is not a Smiths but an American brand. It was done by the prior owner (Don). I figured it worked so why mess with it.

New:

Konis and springs. I kept the original rust free springs and of course they go with the car.
Posi and bearing kit in rear by Pro Gear here in San Diego.
SU fuel pump
Water pump
Brakes and hoses
Rebuilt starter and generator
Ron Davis aluminum radiator, original goes with car
Engine hoses
Rebuilt original carburetor
Original distributor rebuilt by Tim O'Connor
Stainless exhaust system from SS

Horn doesn't work but has a new horn ring and I didn't get around too the speedo either.

The car sat in a garage for twenty years before coming too me. Tom Hall didn't think the engine has been out. Runs great and has a slight howl from the top loader. I am thinking it is a bearing. The cars shifts great

Here is my bottom line, At 62 I don't lie because I'm too dumb to remember what I lied about. You will get the full story to the best of my ability.

Here is another thing. If I hear "I would have to see if I can get a loan"........Please, save us both time if you don't have money......do not call.

For us SoCal guys this car lived most of it's life in the Hollywood area.
Note: The car is far from perfect but it is a good car with good bones.

I will be doing edits as I remember more. Damn old age............

Mike

Last edited:

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Sell the Boss Instead !!

The Boss ain't a 69, so take the money for that and make the Tiger all new and purrrrty (opinion #xxx49-1/2). As to the tranny howl; experienced long-distance exam would guess at slight wear in the countershaft roller areas. If the howl changes tone with gear selections, it makes the most sense. If it goes away in certain gears, it could be the input rollers. A bearing wear/wobble will telegraph thru your clutch foot like a gentle massage. Stay with us regardless . . . . . . .

Warren

Gold forum user
I agree

Sell the Boss as well. What are the production numbers on the stang in comparison to the Beam? Wish I would've taken you up on the invite when I was six miles away....

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Gee! A Price Drop?

Yer startin' to make the bride nervous . . . . . . . . .

Cal44

Gold forum user
I've started saving for my ranch in Az. To many cars = no ranch money.

Had too pass on a dandy 10 acre last week with well already in. It was picked up within two days of listing.

I gots to bees ready wit da cash..............

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Buyin' De Ranch

Cal 44: Pick a spot with a 900 yd strip and a good backstop. I've decided to outfit the kitten with my version of the "Get Smart" under hood option. Will have to sacrifice the heater core for the feed box, and the glove box area will accomodate the main receiver of my old M-60 E1. Before you all panic; All NFA rules & regs will apply and be met for Title 2 Class 3 application. DO NOT try this at home without proper licensing/paperwork/etc. Test fit photos will follow in a few weeks.

leepear

Gold forum user
Mike: Just too bad I got my white/midnight blue one recently down your way. I would probably take a trip to see yours. Timing is everything. My Tiger 30+ years ago was red. My new car is sorting out well so I guess I will have to keep it. Good luck on the sale. For $13,000 you could get 100 buyers. Just kidding.

Lee

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Your price seems very fair, did you see the new member looking for a Tiger in the $20's? Might want to let him know, he was in the "I am loking for a Tiger" thread.