Air Filter

CobraTiger

Silver forum user
Hoping someone can help. My car (HROFE) came out of the US to Australia with an oval filter as per the photos. The filter element measures outside to outside 16"X 8 3/4" and is 1 1/2"deep. So far I have not been able to source a new filter locally in Aust and the K&N website doesn't seem to have an oval filter element in the size I need. I'd be grateful if someone knows what filter or part number fits my configuration.

IMG_1329.JPG

IMG_1331.JPG

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Theo, you can use a round one and simple bend it to fit the recess... That's what I did for the K&N one.

Jbetz812

Silver forum user
CAT Member
I used this K&N knock off filter on mine, bit tight but install it like a plastic lid. Just keep in mind not to buy one that has a metal screen as it will not bend to an oval shape. Mr. Gasket has an oval one that will fit if you want a white filter.

IMG_5419.jpeg

IMG_2860.jpeg

IMG_2778.jpeg

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Joe wrote a great article about air filters in the 2023 March and April issue of Tiger Tales.
I have a AC air filter A 335 C in my alloy air cleaner but not sure if available anymore.

Last edited:

Jbetz812

Silver forum user
CAT Member
If you have any issues finding one or shipping to AU just let me know, glad to help out. Joe