Another Tiger Hood option

Danno66

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hello group. I have been playing in the fiberglass again and have the first version of my vented Tiger hood. The molds have been laid up and the first hood is on the way. Here are photos of the plug before using to make the mold.The vent area is just behind the radiator and above the distributor. Let me know what you think, any opinions will be ignored or used later.

tempImageThQtmE.png

tempImageGSwJEV.png

Warren

Gold forum user
Okay here's a tip for ignoring or using :)
Get some old cassette tapes to make into 5" tell tales to use at idle and under 10 to 15 mph or when stationary to see the flow, it's way better than yarn ask any sailor...

spmdr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I'm wondering what your intended use is.

If it's mainly street car use, I would also add some vents for the exhaust heat.

My thinking is IF you reduce the air flow coming off the radiator, that would otherwise flow through the exhaust area,

You would have MORE stagnant heat coming off the exhaust.

Danno66

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Update time…
fan pulley is a nice small diameter, as suggested. Fan however is way too small and moves no air at all. After changing radiator and idling to burp system, little to no air moved by fan. Electric fan made big difference. So, ordered 15” fan to be installed soon, after it gets here. Mounted electric fan to radiator support instead of direct to radiator, allows radiator removal with fan still in place. I used spare holes in radiator support and metal brackets. Still not happy at idle but cools right down at road speeds.

9CAF508C-22F7-42A8-89EE-0C5EB42DE4CD.jpeg

FE3C415B-BDE1-4899-94A4-8F8FF97B407E.jpeg