Any spray paint close to orig. seat frame color, also ? is S4/Mk1 frames a darker grey than S5/TMk1a frames

boss-tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I am restoring seats for a Mk1 and replacing both seat backs (both bottom horiz bars bent) and picked up a nice pair of Mk1a seat backs. Three seat frame questions

1st - is there a spray can paint that is a close match to original Mk1 seat frame color and if so anyone have a recomendation?

2nd - my Mk1 seat bottoms are a darker grey color than the Mk1a seat backs that are a lighter grey - is this normal or did a prev. owner paint my seat frames darker?

3rd - Mk1 vs Mk1a seat backs look identical except the Mk1 early backs have additional very small holes in the vertical bars. ? Am I missing something or as I am hoping, it seems I can use the good Mk1a seat back frames I have found and simply drill the small holes to match Mk1 seat frames?

Thanks

ptdon

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Yes the closet I found was Rust-Oleum Perfessional High Performance Enamel -Gray

Hoghead

Gold forum user
I had mine powdercoated in electrical Grey ASA 61. Also the top frame and header bows. From what I can tell it is damm close if not correct
Helps to have a Sister that owns an electrical box making company.................................